Fresno, Ca.
Great picture, what a team! :)

Pantera1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 12, 2008
Iowa
Maybe something like this?

PB2-1, the very first pb2 car that was built, advanced over a CP car, that was taken to the SAE convention in 2004?

Maybe with a day of driving instruction at Ford's proving grounds in Detroit? And some very special, VERY top secret other enticements?

:willy

In Vegas, at the Rally, at SAI on Saturday night. Details will be given as they get hammered out. I'm putting up as much as I can to put the squeeze on the boys at Ford to not back out. :biggrin

WOW! This sounds sooooo cooool !! For us poor souls that can't make Vegas this year is there any chance that after that Saturday night someone might post "the rest of the story"? Especially those VERY top secret enticements??!! :banana :banana :eek :willy :thumbsup

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
We might try something to arrange for extremely select phone bidding. There is nothing I can say about the extremely top secret enticements except that it is a once in a lifetime opportunity. If that. Non-disclosure agreements will need to be signed.

Pantera1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 12, 2008
Iowa
We might try something to arrange for extremely select phone bidding. There is nothing I can say about the extremely top secret enticements except that it is a once in a lifetime opportunity. If that. Non-disclosure agreements will need to be signed.

The suspense is killing me !!! Patience has never been one of my virtues! It sounds like a very exciting opportunity to say the least!!:banana

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
why do I always find these threads so late? :frown

So.... I just am curious as to how much I need to have that I probably don't have...:lol :eek

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Nice pic. Is that Csabba in the right background?

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
how about posting some info in the "paying members area" for those of us that are either:

1. Totally devoid of patience

or

2. Unable to attend Rally 3

or

3. Both.

:biggrin

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Fred g. looks soooo cute in his communion outfit:biggrin nice gt also :thumbsupgtjoey 1314

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
how about posting some info in the "paying members area" for those of us that are either:

1. Totally devoid of patience
or
2. Unable to attend Rally 3
or
3. Both.

:biggrin

I'm a #3 , POST and get this to a point where the big guys play DBK! :cheers

doogie48084

Mar 21, 2007
Taylor Michigan
added pic

attachment.php

Maybe something like this?

PB2-1, the very first pb2 car that was built, advanced over a CP car, that was taken to the SAE convention in 2004?

Maybe with a day of driving instruction at Ford's proving grounds in Detroit? And some very special, VERY top secret other enticements?

:willy

In Vegas, at the Rally, at SAI on Saturday night. Details will be given as they get hammered out. I'm putting up as much as I can to put the squeeze on the boys at Ford to not back out. :biggrin

I see Kip grabbed a strategic spot in that picture!!!!!!(grin)

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
OK, here's a story for you:

One of the cars is a Blue Ford GT. This particular Ford GT was a development car with a very interesting story. There was briefly a period of time where they considered doing a Ford GT Mark II. There would be several revisions to the car, one of which would be more power, along with some revisions to the handling to get rid of a bit of low speed understeer and some fascia revisions. So this particular Ford GT was equipped with a smaller sized pulley from Roush to test the engine at higher power. It also has written on the heat shields by the muffler "Mark II". Otherwise, it is a regular Ford GT.

So there's some history for you! A blue Ford GT that was the extremely early consideration for the Ford GT Mark II that never was. It could be yours!