Who Wants A GTR "V-Spec"

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
The standard GTR is fast the GTR V-Spec which arrives Spring 09 will be a monster, Its 300LBS lighter than the standard car 540+HP 0-60 in the high 2's, Quarter mile in 11 flat and brutally fast around a road course there saying possibly 7.25 at the "Ring". The styling of the V-Spec doesn't excite me that much but its too fast not to own, it will MSRP at $120K. I also want the new ZR1 if the price gets reasonable.

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
Unless you've got awesome connections at a Nissan dealership, it is highly unlikely you will ever see a V-spec at anything remotely close to MSRP. But if you can get past the looks the performance should be awesome.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
IMO dropping 300 lbs and adding 60+HP will only drop a 0-60 time below 3 seconds on a ridiculously juiced GT-R-V. Nissan apparently has a lot of juiced cars for the media but every once in a while a non-juiced car gets tested. Car & Driver published performance numbers in their May and July issues. In 2 months, the 0-60 increased from 3.3 to 4.3 and the 1/4 from 11.5/124 to 12.1/115. I'm waiting to see how the showroom cars perform. My criteria has always been fast and beautiful. If I wanted fast and ugly, I would buy a very inexpensive shit-box that would exceed the GT-R's juiced performance numbers. When it comes to new cars, one of the biggest boosts we can provide our Country's economy is to buy American. :cheers

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Kirby :lol

It's like the One-Lap performance. The car ran 12.8 because the car would exit launch mode when they went from pre-stage to stage at the lights. That's great and all, but in my opinion if the car can't do better than 12.8 without being in the proper mode and setting, than it's not fast. They yammered on about how it was an unfair way to judge the car, but ultimately, you ran what you ran. Undoubtedly, they will kill all kinds of cars with the AWD, but there is just waaaaay too much b.s surrounding this car from one test to the next to make an informed judgment about it.

I saw a red one on the road for the first time the other day. Yawn. Sounds like a great car, but it's beyond pedestrian.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
One of the most over-hyped cars in history. It's not a bad car, but like Dave mentioned, it's performance at One Lap did not help it's image at all. I would entertain the idea of owning one, but not at the price they will be charging.

H

HHGT

Here in SoCal we have a lot of magazine racers. I think in part this car was made for them. I'm with Kirby on this, Fast and Ugly. Sort of reminds me of the term Butterface.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
... If I wanted fast and ugly, I would buy a very inexpensive shit-box that would exceed the GT-R's juiced performance numbers.:cheers

:lol

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I misread Kirby's post and thought he was going to lose 300lbs so he could be faster.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
I misread Kirby's post and thought he was going to lose 300lbs so he could be faster.

If Kirby loses 300 lbs ... he'd be one of your clients.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
If Kirby loses 300 lbs ... he'd be one of your clients.

:lol
Based upon the strange stuff Frank does with some of his female clients, I don't think it would be a good idea for anyone who didn't own a red GT to be on his table. :cheers