Who is going to the North American International Auto Show Charity Preview?

FrankTheTank

GT Owner
Jul 27, 2016
Austin, Texas
Who is going to the North American International Auto Show Charity Preview to see the production car(s) and colors in the flesh???

Raj and DBK - any chance we could beg, plead and cajole someone into to setting up a design studio tour and see whatever TT and production cars that are available before we have to choose our colors and options? Pretty please...

Frank the Tank

Bullitt2065

Aug 25, 2015
Detroit, MI
The charity preview is a waste. It's become as crowded as going to the show on public days and for what it costs, it's not worth it. . If you want the best access to the show, industry days on Wednesday and Thursday before the charity preview are the best way to go. A lot cheaper, too...

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
Is this show worth going to? It's a long way to travel if it's 'just another car show'. Hoping to get some better access to the NFGT as I suspect it'll be one of the few chances we'll get to poke around one before ordering.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
I agree with Bulliltt2065 that the charity preview is not worth the time if you're going to look at new product. Too many wanna be's that just want to be seen and could care less about the cars. The show is incredible but not something I even attend every year and I live here. The concepts are the best part of course and Industry day in the middle of the week is the best time to go. jmo

Bullitt2065

Aug 25, 2015
Detroit, MI
See my post above...

Unlike, say, industry days, or the press preview, when you'll have a badge saying you're someone from someplace, which might warrant you getting access to things, at the Charity Preview, you're just another rich snob in a tuxedo. It's a lot of money to be packed in in an uncomfortable suit.

Find a way into the press days, or pay to go to industry days.

Bullitt2065

Aug 25, 2015
Detroit, MI
I definitely attend every year (but I'm also local), but at this point, only go on industry or public days.