Who has put most miles on GT?

leon

GT Owner
May 29, 2006
Hilton Head Island, SC
My GT is 18 months old. Only 965 miles. Doesn't matter. I use it as therapy. Cheaper than a psychiatrist and a lots more fun. When I need a pick me up, I get into the GT and drive like the wind. After 10 or 15 miles, I am all smiles, refreshed and ready to face all problems whether they be business or personal. Cheap therapy, lots of fun and I am never goining to sell my baby. Miles don't matter, fun is what matters. I don't care about resale value or wear and tear. It's all about the toys and enjoying one's success. Some people cannot understand that. Their need to amass more and more money keeps them from enjoying life. Resale value? What's that? One more thing, the name Ford is more fun that the "F"word as people don't know what it is and I love that. Went to Porsche store saturday and all the salesmen came out to ogle my baby. some even took pics. forgettaboutaporsche! I like my corvette better than a porsche for a daily driver and am going to buy a couple more, like a Z06 and a coupe to add to my collection.
LEON
Hilton Head Island, SC

Reactions: BigsGT

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
leon,

You said it. Mine is all therapy as well. From the smell of the leather, to the fine rumble, and beautiful view. It soothes like no other. Its somewhat of a ritual; followed by a cold drink and nice dinner. Now I really now why guys buy fine boats, planes, motorcycles, cars.

I have less than 300 miles, got it in July...Sunday drives only (did drive it off truck ramp on a Thursday).

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Mine is already pushing 112 miles :banana :banana :willy :willy :willy

2005gt

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Just under 28,000 miles, purchased March 2005. Daily driver unless it's raining. Still drives as new, solid as a rock. On 4th set of rear tires, 2nd set on the front.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Funny. Car was delivered with 3.6 miles. Now has a WHOPPING 3.7 miles. :lol That was just from moving it in and out of the garage a few times. hahahaa
Can't wait for spring to arrive to put some real miles on her. First few will be back to the dealer for the half shaft bolt fix and then into the wild blue yonder. :thumbsup Got a blizzard up here this morning. :thumbsdow
First year had the cobra put 7500 miles on her!! Hopefully will do the same with the GT this year. :banana
Cars are meant to be driven not just to look at. If you want to only look buy a picture! hehehe:willy

At least now it's plated to drive!
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2190&stc=1&d=1172159807

Attachments

• DSCF0208 sm.JPG
    DSCF0208 sm.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Just rolled over 3000 miles in 12 mos. ownership. Should add a few miles this year especially with the nearly 2000 mile round-trip to Indy.

Rob Ferretti

May 2, 2006
NYC area
16,000 miles here(including 1 cross country rally)...

BELIZE91

GT Owner
Sep 7, 2006
Hartland MI
689 miles since Oct 06. Waiting for winter to end, how many have had a flat tire?

fordcapri

GT Owner
Sep 21, 2006
Is this a record 44,000 miles on a 2005 ford gt in blue with white stripes advertised in the U.K in the autotrader and he is asking £90,000 which is approximately $175,000.
I don't think it is Jeremy Clarkson even though he has just sold his.

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
Is this a record 44,000 miles on a 2005 ford gt in blue with white stripes advertised in the U.K in the autotrader and he is asking £90,000 which is approximately $175,000.
I don't think it is Jeremy Clarkson even though he has just sold his.

That's probably the P1 International (Damon Hill) rental/time share car. I know it was an 2005 and I believe it was blue with white stripes. It would probably also have had a lot of miles put on it by now.

Rob

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
That's probably the P1 International (Damon Hill) rental/time share car. I know it was an 2005 and I believe it was blue with white stripes. It would probably also have had a lot of miles put on it by now.

Rob
It is. Over 45K miles on it now. The Ex Clackson car has 4,600 miles on it. I should know as it's mine now :cheers

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
Mine has now 5,000 miles. I put 2,000 miles on the clock in 8 weeks since purchase. It is my daily driver, rain or shine.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I got 2300.on mine .got it nov 15 06. There made to drive!!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
(s)miles of fun

Hi Folks, thought I'd update the group.

29,211 as of last nite.

I visited GT350H in Portland yesterday. We had two Tungsten GT's at the race track on a Lambo day. Once again the GT's were a crowd pleaser. It was a great day - good weather etc.

The attendant at the Union 76 station close to the track was absolutely amazed that he filled up the GT twice. Once in the morning and once at about 1 p.m. 16 gallons each time. And he was blown away when I showed up a third time, about four, and put another 10 in for the trip home to Seattle. MY car gets either less than 3 or 25. 3 with the boost gage pegged to the right, and 25 just cruising in 6th.

Get out of the garage and drive 'em..

See you in Indy.

Jeff

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
MUA!!!! JEFF YOU ARE THE BEST, SEE YOU THERE, MY FRIEND. :thumbsup GTJOEY 1314

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
I will volunter myslef as a driver to raise the miles on your cars. But 45k on a FGT thats crazy

GT350H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 3, 2006
Portland, Oregon
Way Too Humble

PL510*Jeff is way too humble. There was not a Lambo, Ferrari, Porsche, Aston Martin or Maserati that could keep up with him in his stock GT and his driving skills. Jeff, thanks for the lessons! Our two GT's really made an impression on the crowd, both in performance and in looks. And yes, expect less than 3 MPG on the track. I love this car!!!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Jeremy Clarkson must have been driving easy on the track. On Topgear he said he got 75 miles on the tank or about 4.3 mpg.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Just over 6000 now... Took her to S.F. on a job for a week or so.. was a daily up there... S.F. is not the city to be driving this car but she did well and the cruise down the coast back to LA was an absolute blast. Ran with a yamaha at around 140mph for 5 minutes... when we slowed up, he came up to the window shaking his head and giving thumbs up :thumbsup :thumbsup

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho