Who drives your GT?

TMS-GT

GT Owner
Sep 14, 2006
I have let two friends drive it my daughter wants to but cannt reach the pedals wife could care less

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
I don't know about driving it, but the two babes in MAD IN NC's avatar are welcome to a ride anytime. A looong ride if they wish.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
What about the babe in Kayvan's post???????!!!

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
ditto

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
After totalling my first one (a mile and a half from the house):ack I have taken the advice from GTJOEY and am "takiniteasy!"
KMCBOSS, you are right. My wife is too afraid.:eek However, after two years since the first telephone pole, my son James agreed to drive the replacement GT.:thumbsup He is the only one that has driven them both! :coolI plan to keep it that way for a long while.........:driving:

JL

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
My brother has driven mine a good bit and my wife has a couple of times but that is it

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Haven't Kept Track

I haven't kept track of who or how many have driven mine. They range in age from 16 to 85. And they still have that GT Perm-A-Grin each and everytime they see a GT.

At least 150. Probalby closer to 200. As I have said before, in the overall scope of things it is just a car.

Oh yes a very special one.

And one that requires The Driver to be very aware of how much performance is nearly instantly available.

Most "first drives in the GT" have been with me in the right seat. But not all.

And I have only had two individuals decline the GT driving experience. Oddly, at a later date, when I questioned them about not wanting to drive, they somewhat sheeplessly addmited they had never been taught how to drive a car with a clutch and a manual transmission!

And I eventually taught both of them how to use a clutched vehicle. In my '69 z/28 rather than the GT.

The comment I like best is"Now that's a REAL HOT ROD!"

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
Memory

Only one other person had the joy of Midnite Blu. Several years back the So. Cal. group had a drive to Palm Springs etc. BONY and I traded cars for a segment. His WHITE gal was very nice to me and me to her. A fond memory.......GO BLU

Attachments

• CIMG2192.jpg
    CIMG2192.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 132

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
New favorite avatar!!

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
We have a lot of very generous people on here like Jeff; Daniel being one of them. Since most of you are owners, I will share what it is like from the "other side". Dani either trusted me behind the wheel or just knew how much I loved driving the GT, because every time I saw him he asked if I would be his "chauffeur". I used to tell him I didn't want to risk something happening to it while being in the driver's seat and he used to always say "It's just a car and can be replaced. Health and happiness are much more important." I can't express what those drives meant to me and still wear a "GT grin" when thinking about them.

If you have friends who are car enthusiasts and you don't want to ever hand over your keys, I'd suggest inviting them to a GT event. As much as I love being in the driver's seat, if I have a choice I prefer the entire "GT experience" - riding shotgun with some of my favorite GT buddies, listening to the sound of the engine, enjoying the company of good friends, listening to old racing stories from people like Ralphie and Jeff, speeding around the track with Rocketman or McGowan, washing and detailing the GT, changing the oil, going into the garage at 2 AM just to look at the car, going places that have captured some of the history of the car...

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
We have a lot of very generous people on here like Jeff; Daniel being one of them. Since most of you are owners, I will share what it is like from the "other side". Dani either trusted me behind the wheel or just knew how much I loved driving the GT, because every time I saw him he asked if I would be his "chauffeur". I used to tell him I didn't want to risk something happening to it while being in the driver's seat and he used to always say "It's just a car and can be replaced. Health and happiness are much more important." I can't express what those drives meant to me and still wear a "GT grin" when thinking about them.

If you have friends who are car enthusiasts and you don't want to ever hand over your keys, I'd suggest inviting them to a GT event. As much as I love being in the driver's seat, if I have a choice I prefer the entire "GT experience" - riding shotgun with some of my favorite GT buddies, listening to the sound of the engine, enjoying the company of good friends, listening to old racing stories from people like Ralphie and Jeff, speeding around the track with Rocketman or McGowan, washing and detailing the GT, changing the oil, going into the garage at 2 AM just to look at the car, going places that have captured some of the history of the car...
MJ, while we really didn't get to go for a "spirited drive", it was a pleasure meeting you and spending some time with you. Anytime that you want to come on over and change the oil, or detail the car, you're more than welcome to. I even now have a lift to make it easier!!!!

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Will keep that in mind next time I'm out there... :)