White one at naias

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
I guess no C8 Mid-engine car from GM this year.. I think Ford put a slight kink in their plan.. I would like to see the Hitler board meeting melt down video of that situation.... :biggrin

I'm with you on that one. :lol I was still expecting GM announce something to try and steal some of the thunder from the new GT.

jasonjsipos

GT Owner
Dec 22, 2010
Powell, Ohio
Really great pics, thanks Dave! Headed up next week to see it in person, can't wait!

DLC

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2006
Clinton, NY
Just awesome pictures Dave. When I first saw the Show Car pics, I noticed there were no visible fasteners when looking at the rear diffuser. Not only is the new diffuser a beautiful piece but I now we see the 6mm fasteners that hold it in place similar to our cars.

I really like how their exiting dirty air generated from the front tires similar to the P1 & 918.

Do you know the purpose of the split in the Front Splitter? No pun intended.

This car is just a stunning piece of technology. Still love it in that Liquid Silver.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Mr DBK , I just read your Front page " Ford GT Sports Changes at NAIAS 2016 " There is another item which has been added to this car.

When I saw the Blue show car knowing a little about air flow, heat exchangers and pressure drop it was obvious the square amount of inlet air area for the side pods intercoolers appears to be larger than the direct path air outlet via the tail light area.

I do see there is additional outlet venting in the lower valance area but air downstream of the heat exchanger is at a lower pressure and air does like to change direction.

Forcing the air to a lower point in relationship to the inlet point is less efficient.. So with that said it appears they did add a NACA duct to the Fender pods on the inside of the tunnel . Forcing high pressure air to the cavity on back side / low pressure side of the heat exchanger will help push the air out and help the inlet side process the air more efficiently .. if you move enough air via the NACA duct you would create an aspiration effect on the intercooler air flow. For the record I did notice that on the Mule car and mentioned it ..:biggrin it must be an effective necessary solution.

PS: Sorry I thought it was only a front page post only to respond to via social media,, .. so I wrote something here.. you got to many sections going o now !!.. :willy

Last edited:

jbyrnes

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 13, 2006
Louisville CO
So no chance of someone realizing later they forgot to bolt on a truck bumper to that tail?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
So no chance of someone realizing later they forgot to bolt on a truck bumper to that tail?

Oh.. it's there,, it folds up...:biggrin

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Has anyone gotten close enough to see if it has a VIN? There looks like there is a viewing window in the tinted border, just a question if there is a VIN tag hiding behind it.

Attachments

• Ford-GT-10 Vin.jpg
    Ford-GT-10 Vin.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 303

Topnotch

Dec 2, 2015
I'm with you on that one. :lol I was still expecting GM announce something to try and steal some of the thunder from the new GT.

Ford-GT-2016-NAIAS-images-16.jpg

Topnotch

Dec 2, 2015

Topnotch

Dec 2, 2015
rhiPDPD.jpg

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Please note that Indy is now posting under StormCat's name.

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida

Brian gets "very enthusiastic" regarding the new and old GT's. I hope he gets one of the first ones.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

Brian gets "very enthusiastic" regarding the new and old GT's. I hope he gets one of the first ones.

:huge:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I was back yesterday just looking at the car. It is a maniac in white. I love the way the white and dark gloss carbon exterior bits complement each other, but I can't decide if the white is glorious enough to pass on a metallic color that better reflects all the crazy body lines. The white would certainly look racy with a roundel and some graphics...

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
I was back yesterday just looking at the car. It is a maniac in white. I love the way the white and dark gloss carbon exterior bits complement each other, but I can't decide if the white is glorious enough to pass on a metallic color that better reflects all the crazy body lines. The white would certainly look racy with a roundel and some graphics...

Choosing between the two is a problem that I would love to have.

Vince H

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
The only way StormCat gets in a car is if I give him a ride in mine.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
White is right. Light is right.

Ed

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

what about a pearl White.. That might be sweet ..

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
The only way StormCat gets in a car is if I give him a ride in mine.

:tap::tap::tap: I've been with you in a GT .. It ain't no picnic....:bored