White circles on Heritage, paint or decal?

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
Sorry, dumb question but wasn't sure?

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Decals...Front and back are about $70 or so each and the sides are over $500 each list price...I don't believe that includes the pin stripe tape either.

Matt

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
Decals...Front and back are about $70 or so each and the sides are over $500 each list price...I don't believe that includes the pin stripe tape either.

Matt

YIKES! $500 for one round white decal for each side? I'm sure any vinyl shop could make one with the proper dimensions. Anyone know what the diameter of each circle is? So let me get this straight, the circles are decals, then the numbers are decals laid over those?

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Double D's

So let me get this straight, the circles are decals, then the numbers are decals laid over those?

Yes, a decal on a decal.

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Can we put "White circles" on all our GT's :lol

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
The reason I posted this question is because I loved the look of the 'Concept' when it first appeared in magazines. I am contemplating doing this to my red/white but my wife says "NO!" it'll take away from the looks of the car. I think it just boils down to what look you are going for. Anyways, if I don't like it, I can just peel'em off. What do you think? Also, I like the idea of a red number 1 car paying homage to the car driven by Gurney/Foyt in 1967 to win the 24 hrs of Lemans.

http://seriouswheels.com/def/Ford-GT-Concept-Red-White-Front-Sideview.htm

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Whatever makes your barn dance, 'doc.

Like you stated, once they're put on - if'n yuh don't LIKE 'em - they can be removed. "Zero" lost (except the cost of buyin' 'em.)

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
There is one in dallas that has the meatballs...let me see if I can find a picture

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Has anyone removed their white circle decals from their Heritage? If so any pics? Curious how it would look or if it was even possible to remove them. (Guess I thought they were painted on).

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
The heritage cars come with them off. You have to add them from the kit supplied. Look at some of the pictures form the Detroit Rally to see a red/white with meatballs and the #1.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Here you go

CarShowAddison3050.jpg

CarShowAddison3048.jpg

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
Thanks for the pics Aggie. Still on the fence.

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
meatballs...

meatballs !!!!

:lol :lol :lol :lol

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
HOLY CRAP! Hood decal=$105, Decklid=$128, Doors=$466 each ! WTF!?! I guess I'm not gonna do it after all.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
I told you the doors were $500 each :) No one listens...Oh and that doesn't include the numbers by the way...and if you want the FORD kit we recently found out those went up to $1800 for a set of numbers :)

Matt

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Doc, go to any good sign shop and they can make for you much cheaper. If your heart desires, I have a great friend in Evansville, IN that can do it. Just need measurements and font style/size.

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
Doc, go to any good sign shop and they can make for you much cheaper. If your heart desires, I have a great friend in Evansville, IN that can do it. Just need measurements and font style/size.
Thanks Frank, that's what I was thinking about doing if I decide to go this route. So when are you going to be back in town with the GT? We gotta get together!

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'd bet the reason the doors are so much more expensive is because of the special shape required to follow the door creases. If a plain round meatball would work the price would be the same as the hood.

Are you guys sure just any old sign shop can produce a decal to follow the shape of the door and still look right?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Sure, they can cut any kind of pattern on any kind of stock you want. My sign friend has all basic colors in stock and then uses his computer program to make whatever is necessary. Punch the go button, and poof, it comes out the other side. Save the program and you can make them forever. If red wasn't such a beautiful color to begin with, I might consider adding some, but why cover up the best color? See any of the other colors using them? No, just one red car and the rest heritage. Black or blue with gold meatballs would look nice I think.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
I'll give you a warning about stickers..even though mine has the meatballs from teh factory..

Just a word of warning...You'll notice my car no longer has static cling Gulf stickers on it..well there is a reason. On one of my drives one flew off..it had been on a while and didn't think anything of it so when I got home and started cleaning the car to get a new one on I noticed that the paint looked like my clear bra when I had a static sticker get heat soaked on it...its kind of like the surface of the moon.

Well took it to one of the guys I know that does paint and sure as shit the clear had bubbled from MOISTURE!...they did a fantastic job wetsanding it and got it fixed but I'm not going to risk it happening again.

Matt