white '05 5m miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
White '05 with 5200 miles @ Prestige-Motors.com in MD. Wacky paint job though (orange stripe, white wheels, Ford emblems removed etc.). No Mac, may have been all white car or white w blue stripe. Wants $154M
www.prestige-motors.com

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
From SoCal to MD....

I wonder how much money went into the 'wacky paint job' as the dealer describes it. Just the disassembly/reassembly of the headlamp pods must have cost a pretty penny.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
White,Orange?

...'Sounds familiar somehow...

Automotive8r

Feb 8, 2007
Someone refered to it as "the Creamsicle"

5164_2428955.jpg

I wonder which professional athlete had it customized. I'm only assuming that is circumstance.

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
call it whatever you choose, good workmanship... good price if you like the colors.

H

HHGT

Goes to prove if you F@#$ with a masterpiece, your bound to F@#$ it up. It reminds me of what Mr. Bean did to Whistler's Mother:frown:frow

If it's for sale at $154K, I wonder what the dealer paid for it.

I was convinced this car was customized for OJ's Las Vegas getaway. The Orange theme is waaaay too original.

BTW, I think this is post 500 for me:banana:banana:banana:banana

Casper

GT Owner
Oct 24, 2006
Great Falls, MT
...Anyone notice how the fire extinguisher morphed into a woofer??????
I wish I had one of those....... something to put out a fire, & put out tunes......
- a "Fire Woofer" !!!!

:eek

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
ladies.... be nice, somebody loves it... or should I say loved it. :)

Automotive8r

Feb 8, 2007
I'm not sayin' it's awful. But I think instead of orange, maybe using red, blue, maybe even black would've been more appealing on an all-white car. I am sure it took tremendous amounts of hard work. I just hope that the quality of work lives up to what I think is a privelage to be put on such a beautiful body. I am picky about the details and if it was done half-a55ed, well... I consider it an insult. :bang

It looks no worse than Rosie O'Donnell would wearing an orange thong I suppose.:ack

(Just joking Rosie...don't break my legs please.)

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
'Couple of the guys here on The 'Forum who've actually seen the car in person told me the workmanship on the car is quite good.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
I saw the car and the paint job was a mask and spray. They did not remove the splitter or ducts before they painted the car. Made a supercar look tacky IMHO.

S

Automotive8r

Feb 8, 2007
That is exactly what I was afraid of! :mad

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
The quality of the work I observed on the car was EXCELLENT! Not my taste, but fine workmanship. I have been a published automotve journalist and will stand by this statement.

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
...Anyone notice how the fire extinguisher morphed into a woofer??????
I wish I had one of those....... something to put out a fire, & put out tunes......
- a "Fire Woofer" !!!!

:eek

Good question. It's got to be magic. :shrug

Bill Oxley

GT Owner
Jun 15, 2006
Denver area
I like it. We see so many silvers, whites, blacks, reds, etc.

I certainly can't speak for the quality of the paint, etc., but, I think it looks pretty nice.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Thats what makes the world go round. Different tastes.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Thats what makes the world go round. Different tastes.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
below is an attached photo from Cars and Coffee that I took ... could not believe that someone would do an "80's" white out job on a GT.

When Jeff and I looked at the car ... both the splitter and side skirts had been painted while still on the car. The side skirt had a small black crack from where the paint had separated on the driver front bottom.

Yes I bent down to look at it! Different but not my cup of tea .... prefer the classic looks of the Gt rather than the over blown white. Kills all the fine lines and details. IMHO

Attachments

• pop scicle.jpg
    pop scicle.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 85

California GT

GT Owner
Jul 24, 2006
San Juan Capistrano, CA
I agree with Bony. Everyone has different taste in what looks good to them. I think the car looks pretty nice, especially for the price. I wonder, if you took a public poll, would the majority choose white with orange stripes or baby blue with orange stripes?

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
I agree with Bony. Everyone has different taste in what looks good to them. I think the car looks pretty nice, especially for the price. I wonder, if you took a public poll, would the majority choose white with orange stripes or baby blue with orange stripes?

how about orange with baby blue stripes? :biggrin

Status
Not open for further replies.