Status
Not open for further replies.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
If a mod deletes the thread I will delete my account.

Just so you know, only I can delete your account, so that's an empty threat. :lol

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Doesn't the same logic would apply to drugs use. Not long ago there was a time where public use of "grass" was a no, no and illegal in all 50 states. No one would publish photos of its use. Now it is acceptable behavior and legal (not fed) in many states of our nation.

Can the same evolution of acceptable use happen to street racing?

I doubt it. It's going in the other direction. Years ago LEO would many times just give you a warning for speeding, now a days the same offense may land you in jail.

It seem that driving cars fast and using guns have a lot in common, less acceptance of use and more regulations on the products production and use.

Last edited:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Did any of the old farts here wear a helmet when riding a bike as a child? (Ron... a Helmut?)

No?

I thought not.

How many of you that didn't wear a helmet have brain damage?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
. Years ago LEO would many times just give you a warning for speeding, now a days the same offense may land you in jail.

We have had police show up and ask us to finish and leave but we never got tickets.. BTW there was a mouse crossing the road but I went around him on big end.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'd rather spend my time at a car display or show allowing young people to have their pictures taken with a Ford GT and telling the history of our vehicles. Most youth won't ever see a GT's or ever have a chance to own one and are hungry for a positive automotive influence to look up to. Street racing is not for me and never has been. I can watch the Friday, Saturday and Sunday night news and see the results of street racing. Owning a Ford GT should be a very humble and positive experience to all. I guess that's why I don't play Golf, I could never get that mad at that little white ball. I got enough competition in the Automobile business selling and racing in the 60's. To each his own! Enjoy Life Men We Never Know How Long We'll Be Here. Enjoy It Safely Though.

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
I'd rather spend my time at a car display or show allowing young people to have their pictures taken with a Ford GT and telling the history of our vehicles. Most youth won't ever see a GT's or ever have a chance to own one and are hungry for a positive automotive influence to look up to. Street racing is not for me and never has been. I can watch the Friday, Saturday and Sunday night news and see the results of street racing. Owning a Ford GT should be a very humble and positive experience to all. I guess that's why I don't play Golf, I could never get that mad at that little white ball. I got enough competition in the Automobile business selling and racing in the 60's. To each his own! Enjoy Life Men We Never Know How Long We'll Be Here. Enjoy It Safely Though.

I kind tasted puke in my mouth right there. Please go to your car shows and have fun. Mod please lock this thread, Anyone that wants to see the C7 vett race Pm me I will send you the link., It was insane........ and underground wants to buy the video for 3K.... I don't have grey hair yet.

1434gt

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2006
I think that this forum needs a separate section for street racing videos where gray hair people can't view

1434gt

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2006
I kind tasted puke in my mouth right there. Please go to your car shows and have fun. Mod please lock this thread, Anyone that wants to see the C7 vett race Pm me I will send you the link., It was insane........ and underground wants to buy the video for 3K.... I don't have grey hair yet.
Where can I see the c7. video

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I think that this forum needs a separate section for street racing videos where gray hair people can't view

That is a bit harsh. They just need their own street racing section.

image.jpg

Seriously, everyone gets that street racing is dangerous. It shouldn't be done where there is a danger to anyone other than the participants, but that's true for all forms of spirited street driving, isn't it?

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
That is a bit harsh. They just need their own street racing section.

View attachment 34693

Seriously, everyone gets that street racing is dangerous. It shouldn't be done where there is a danger to anyone other than the participants, but that's true for all forms of spirited street driving, isn't it?
We know that neither one of the men in the above picture, could be EP, as it wouldn't be actually being driven on the street. No worry about him street racing either.
Now back to being nasty to each other!

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
And neither of the above could POSSIBLY be considered REAL street racers.........I don't see NOS anywhere and they are wearing safety helmets........sissys!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Just a suggestion for everyone who hijacked SMOKDU's thread with unsolicited advice, condescension, and holier than thou opinions, why not start a "Dear Abby" thread of your own?

Practice what you preach, but please don't dictate. We're all friends here, sharing our love of our cars. To imply...no, that's too weak...to declare that one of our friends (and any of the rest of us who actually drive our cars) is a bad influence on the youth of America is just absurd.

Nobody was there with SMOKDU, yet many are raining down criticism.

Life has risks. I think most of us understand that taking risks (business, social, adventure, personal) can enhance our time on this planet. How about taking your 17 year old son (legally a child) around the world in a single engine airplane? Take yourself, but don't take a child. My opinion. Please, have your own opinion, but don't try to say that yours is more valid than mine.

Based on what I have seen in this thread, the only risks in SMOKDU's run were to two consenting adults. And yet, I shouldn't take a risk because a squirrel might distract me?

Better advice to all would be "Don't get married!" :lol Lighten up peeps.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Just a suggestion for everyone who hijacked SMOKDU's thread with unsolicited advice, condescension, and holier than thou opinions, why not start a "Dear Abby" thread of your own?

Practice what you preach, but please don't dictate. We're all friends here, sharing our love of our cars. To imply...no, that's too weak...to declare that one of our friends (and any of the rest of us who actually drive our cars) is a bad influence on the youth of America is just absurd.

Nobody was there with SMOKDU, yet many are raining down criticism.

Life has risks. I think most of us understand that taking risks (business, social, adventure, personal) can enhance our time on this planet. How about taking your 17 year old son (legally a child) around the world in a single engine airplane? Take yourself, but don't take a child. My opinion. Please, have your own opinion, but don't try to say that yours is more valid than mine.

Based on what I have seen in this thread, the only risks in SMOKDU's run were to two consenting adults. And yet, I shouldn't take a risk because a squirrel might distract me?

Better advice to all would be "Don't get married!" :lol Lighten up peeps.
I understand your point completely.
The question is define "street racing".
If it's a "closed course" and you and the guy next to you have collectively decided that you can die together, and not injure anybody else, then all the power to you!
However, what about the minivan full of kids that just wandered into the left lane?
We all have families to protect and NONE of you would accept the fact that a negligent person hurt your family member.
Helmet on, stepping off the soapbox!
My Best,
Mark

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
I understand your point completely.
The question is define "street racing".
If it's a "closed course"

Both ends blocked no cars getting thru. we were in the left lane trust me I know for sure. a side note the youth today will want to buy these cars because of the performance on the street and the track. They will be our buyers in the next 20 years. I think I just raised the value about 15k. Texas mile raised it like 50K and car shows like $100 maybe.

your welcome for the bump in resale.:biggrin The more the car is seen the better in the long run. IMO. If they could ban them on the street they will be worth even more... now be honest who did not see the race ? its ok look old people.:thumbsup

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Would have been really bad had you got beat by that car (even if it was a purpose built AWD), but you made it out by the skin of your teeth! You done made us proud!

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
Would have been really bad had you got beat by that car (even if it was a purpose built AWD), but you made it out by the skin of your teeth! You done made us proud!

ya I told my buddy's that if we lose it will be all over internet. it has 41000 views in two days. The average Joe has no idea how hard it is go get a RWD with lots of torque to work on a non prepped road. At the 2-3 shift the car was pulling hard and in the 1/4 it would have been a few car length IMO.. The car in 3rd that 6000 to 7000 rpm range is an animal and not shifting anymore to the end would be a (big factor) my drag car shifted at 8500rpm. its hard to shift lower by ear after racing for 10 years with higher RPMs.

My old car was a sleeper that ran 7's in the 1/4 and by sleeper I mean a convertible. many tubbed out race cars lost and people in the stands were scratching there heads saying something was wrong with the car that lost.. NO CLUE

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
SMOKDU, what's your build? Big Whipple, but what else? Boost, MAFia, BAP? Inquiring minds want to know how to break loose on a shift at 100 mph. :)

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
SMOKDU, what's your build? Big Whipple, but what else? Boost, MAFia, BAP? Inquiring minds want to know how to break loose on a shift at 100 mph. :)

Twin 52s, no mafia because I made the mass air meter housing bigger, custom intake, LMS BAP not on at 93 octane tune. low timing 18.5 ramped down to 18 at 6500 and above. car is not making tons of power but works good. Stock headers and the big borla exhausr might be choking off some HP. I might be switching to E85 soon to see if there is any gains to be made. The breaking loose had many factors. The road, shifting at a higher 7300 rpm. slight bump and the fact that there was only a foot between cars I was moving over. All at the same time. car really never does that. All in All the car runs good to 100 I figured it is around 5.8 sec to 100 if I shift faster. I am used to a turbo 400 automatic chev trans lol, click click done

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Twin 52s, no mafia because I made the mass air meter housing bigger, custom intake, LMS BAP not on at 93 octane tune. low timing 18.5 ramped down to 18 at 6500 and above. car is not making tons of power but works good. Stock headers and the big borla exhausr might be choking off some HP. I might be switching to E85 soon to see if there is any gains to be made. The breaking loose had many factors. The road, shifting at a higher 7300 rpm. slight bump and the fact that there was only a foot between cars I was moving over. All at the same time. car really never does that. All in All the car runs good to 100 I figured it is around 5.8 sec to 100 if I shift faster. I am used to a turbo 400 automatic chev trans lol, click click done

Don't tell him that. You'll give him the idea to make his car fast. Have you seen him drive?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
TT & SC? You and Mullet together are responsible for global warming. Lol.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.