Whipple Power Compilation

Whipple Charged

Dec 9, 2005
Yes, this is what we use on all our kits. I feel its better because its programmable so you can map your volts vs manifold pressure so its a nice blend on/off. And you don't need 18 volts at 21psi, maybe 15 and so on. Not as big a jolt on the system. You can run one, but its just past the amp load, although I haven't made one fail yet and we did a lot of testing. Still, its best to run 2.

Whipple Charged

Dec 9, 2005
Stock injectors, 3.5" pulley, 25.5psi. Will make 880-900 with the pump boosters at 7000 rpm but right now, its outta pump so couldn't finish running it. The engine temp was just under 200deg F and we had been idiling/running for a while as it took me a few runs to figure out that we were spinning the tires until 5500rpm then the dyno would catch up and lug the motor. So I can say confidently that even at temp, it made that power. If you make a cool run, its worth 20-30hp usually but thats not the real world.

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Every tenth of an inch (.100") is about 1psi of boost?

Does this formula apply for both the 3.3 & the 4.0L SC?

Whipple Charged

Dec 9, 2005
Every .125" is about 1psi for a rule of thumb. But when you starve the SC of the proper air flow, this does not apply.