Whipple Installer

THughes

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
I am looking to put a Whipple on my car and I am looking for advice on who to talk to about the install and tune. I live in Nebraska so I think I will have to send my car to someone to have everything (the tune) done right. Who do you suggest I talk to about my project?

Thanks
Ted

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Spent about a grand (one way) to ship mine to Heffner in Florida for my Whipple install. Well worth the money. I doubt you'll find anybody closer who could do the job as well.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Whipple itself & Shadowman are both in Calif ... which is closer than Fla (for you anyway).

THughes

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
O.K. who do you buy the supercharger from? Did you go direct from Whipple or is there someone else to buy from?

Ted

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Try Lethal Performance, thats where I bought mine.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Shadowman! http://www.discovery-automotive.com/

I am looking to put a Whipple on my car and I am looking for advice on who to talk to about the install and tune. I live in Nebraska so I think I will have to send my car to someone to have everything (the tune) done right. Who do you suggest I talk to about my project?

Thanks
Ted

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Any shop that will exercise extreme care can install a Whipple. However easier said, than done. I did one myself and am not a great mechanic. You are correct about getting a correct tune, without that you won't get everything the Whipple has to offer at best and at worst it won't run right and may shorten the engine's life. Consider the experience and support of vendor and installer has with the GT/Whipple combination when making your decision. Shadowman would a an excellent choice. Another would be TonY G in FL.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Whipple Install

I had Whipple in Fresno, CA install mine; but, if I had to do it over, I would have Shadowman do it.

Ed

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
If you need to stay local, talk to George Gesford, he builds amazing motors and is the Shelby franchisee, plus owner of your newest track.

THughes

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
Thanks all for the advice. I will give George a call but I don't think he has a Dyno to do the final tune. That was my biggest fear, I don't want some hack making the final adjustments to my tune and making a mess of my car. I know George well because I go to his track about twice a month, he may have some options for me that I hadn't thought of, thanks for the tip.

Looking for 190mph at the Sandhills mile in 2008
Ted

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I am very happy with the off the shelf tune from Dustin, also check Tony G & Shadowman's tune. George can do the install. I think he has worked on some Ford Gt's?