whipple 3.3 for sale new

PSR

Nov 2, 2006
Hey guys. I have a whipple polished unit sitting here I had bought it to make a 5.4 DOHC lighting and I was going to go with the whipple but after seeing all that need to be done I have decided to sell this brand new never used whipple it is polished and never even seen a car. I have had it on display and that is about it. We have decided to go with a rather large turbo on the Lightning. I am located in Phoenix AZ this sells for 10k new (this one is new) I will take 8300.00 shipped. Shipping is expensive due to weight on this item

Thanks
Dan
602 269 8955

PSR

Nov 2, 2006
I would have though there would be more intrest in this.
This has never been installed

P1040658.jpg

P1040657.jpg

P1040633.jpg

P1040643.jpg

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
It's likely that many of those who are interested in installing a Whipple are waiting 2C what the new blower Whipple is coming out with is going to be like in size & capability, etc.

That being said, one 'Forum member just posted - and sold - his new-in-the-box 3.3 for $7,500 here about a week ago.

H

HHGT

It's likely that many of those who are interested in installing a Whipple are waiting 2C what the new blower Whipple is coming out with is going to be like in size & capability, etc.

That being said, one 'Forum member just posted - and sold - his new-in-the-box 3.3 for $7,500 here about a week ago.

It also included all the other necessary gizmos. And oh BTW, it was cheaper than $7,500:wink:wink:wink

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
It also included all the other necessary gizmos. And oh BTW, it was cheaper than $7,500:wink:wink:wink

I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU! :lol :rofl :cheers :thumbsup

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Everybodys wanting the new twin turbo set up with the stock supercharger.:lol

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Everybodys wanting the new twin turbo set up with the stock supercharger.:lol

There was a street rodder (who's name I can't recall right now) who did the "turbos into a blower(6-71)" thing in his Olds Cutless about 20 years ago. As I recall, he never really got it sorted out satisfactorally. (But, back THEN we didn't have the black voodoo boxes to control/command things that we have today.)

PSR

Nov 2, 2006
no big deal. I guess it will sit in storage then.

thanks
Dan

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Are you kidding me? Holy shit. :eek

PSR

Nov 2, 2006

I cant stress this enough that was a killer price. However just because one guy sold/gave his away for that cheap regardless for what ever reason does not dictate the market price for these. The tuner kit list for WP-200150P W200ax SC upgrade "tuner" kit (polished) $8,999.99 This means that it comes with no tuner software and no injectors as a matter a fact when you open the box the only thing in that big box is the blower and owners manual that is it. I know because I bought this one. If you are not interested then please don’t respond. Please don’t come in here and tell of a deal someone made that was sold to the first guy who called him is what I should sell mine for. There was a reason that the first guy bought that kit because it was a deal too good to be true. We have all heard of sweetheart deals such as this one however being in the right place at the right time is the key. That would be like saying that I bought my GT new for 140k so there for they are all worth less than that price. We all know that is not going to happen. However thank you for looking and have a nice day
I will sell this one for 8k shipped that saves someone 1k on something that is new. That is a smoking deal. It will be here until it is gone. Yep I guessed it this is the only one for sale in these threads. So this is the next best deal

Dan

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Moderators Comments
Currently we allow members to sell on this forum. Many forums only allow supporting members to sell.
No doubt this Forum has qualified buyers.

Most forums limit responses on for sale threads to basic questions.
These threads should not become a debate if the item offered is priced right or not.

The tone of this thread is not positive.

Please take heed!!

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Well said PSR. You are likely taking a little more "heat" because you are new here....

You offer a very fair price and I would think that anyone contemplating a purchase of a Whipple should seriously consider this brand new one.

PSR

Nov 2, 2006
Well said PSR. You are likely taking a little more "heat" because you are new here....

You offer a very fair price and I would think that anyone contemplating a purchase of a Whipple should seriously consider this brand new one.

I am not a new member I have been on here since nov 2006. I just don’t post much. I read the forums and that is about it. I try and stay out of the debates and the drama. Thank you once again for looking

Dan

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Mod note
++++++++
Lets stay on topic PLEASE.
The thread is about something being sold. This is an OWNERS forum and this item may be of interest to an OWNER.

Ok? Thanks gents!! :)

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I cant stress this enough that was a killer price. However just because one guy sold/gave his away for that cheap regardless for what ever reason does not dictate the market price for these. The tuner kit list for WP-200150P W200ax SC upgrade "tuner" kit (polished) $8,999.99 This means that it comes with no tuner software and no injectors as a matter a fact when you open the box the only thing in that big box is the blower and owners manual that is it. I know because I bought this one. If you are not interested then please don’t respond. Please don’t come in here and tell of a deal someone made that was sold to the first guy who called him is what I should sell mine for. There was a reason that the first guy bought that kit because it was a deal too good to be true. We have all heard of sweetheart deals such as this one however being in the right place at the right time is the key. That would be like saying that I bought my GT new for 140k so there for they are all worth less than that price. We all know that is not going to happen. However thank you for looking and have a nice day
I will sell this one for 8k shipped that saves someone 1k on something that is new. That is a smoking deal. It will be here until it is gone. Yep I guessed it this is the only one for sale in these threads. So this is the next best deal

Dan

Hey Dan,
For the record please note that there have been quite a few Whipple's that people have purchased than decided to sell here. Some sellers are more anxious or can afford to let them go cheaper.
If you hung around here more you would know that Whipple is on the eve of unveiling the new more improved blower. They are currently putting test units on some cars so most people are waiting to see the new arrival. Don't be offended by the lack of non responses. Maybe after the new whipple is debuted depending on the cost of the new blower your item may or may not be more appealing. Spending money on car parts is like buying cars in general you can never expect to get out of them what you paid. I wish you luck in the selling of your item.

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
If you hung around here more you would know that Whipple is on the eve of unveiling the new more improved blower. They are currently putting test units on some cars so most people are waiting to see the new arrival.

Us old geeks in the computer field call it the Osborne affect.

PSR

Nov 2, 2006
Us old geeks in the computer field call it the Osborne affect.

Sorry but i dont gt on line much. As for whipple I have been a test car for them before so i am up to date with what they are doing, However i am going an entirly diffrent rout. So that is the only reason i am selling this thing. Anyway if it dont sell then no big deal Ill throw it back in storage for the next 10 years... lol I have had it 1.5 already and never even took it out of the box until now.

anyway thanks for looking guys
dan

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
This newest Whipple is the same displacement as the existing Whipple and, in fact, uses the same case. Whipple has come up with a new rotor design that allows for the same boost pressure with slower rotor rpm's. A challenge for the SC manufacturers is that more boost is obtained by increasing the rpm of the blower (duh). In order to achieve this additional speed/boost, you need to drive it with a smaller pulley and, ironically, you will have less belt wrap (surface contact) but higher HP draw. As such, one of the advantages of Whipples new rotor design is that owners can run, for example, 21 lbs of boost with the same diameter pulley that today produces 19lbs of boost, thereby achieving better belt contact area and mitigating slipping issues.

Perhaps more relavant to the broader GT community, if your objective is 19 lbs of boost, you can achieve this with one pulley size larger in diameter as compared to what is available today. As belt slip is not currently an issue (with the 19lb pulley), the real advantage will be that the new blower has the potential to be more efficient (less HP draw for equivalent boost) and slightly improved IAT's.

My view is that for those people interested in 21 lbs of boost or more, the new Whipple may be worth waiting for. For those that intend to run 19 lbs of boost with a 91 octane tune, it will be interesting to see if the differences in the real world (if any) and to compare this against any potential price differences.

PSR

Nov 2, 2006
This newest Whipple is the same displacement as the existing Whipple and, in fact, uses the same case. Whipple has come up with a new rotor design that allows for the same boost pressure with slower rotor rpm's. A challenge for the SC manufacturers is that more boost is obtained by increasing the rpm of the blower (duh). In order to achieve this additional speed/boost, you need to drive it with a smaller pulley and, ironically, you will have less belt wrap (surface contact) but higher HP draw. As such, one of the advantages of Whipples new rotor design is that owners can run, for example, 21 lbs of boost with the same diameter pulley that today produces 19lbs of boost, thereby achieving better belt contact area and mitigating slipping issues.

Perhaps more relavant to the broader GT community, if your objective is 19 lbs of boost, you can achieve this with one pulley size larger in diameter as compared to what is available today. As belt slip is not currently an issue (with the 19lb pulley), the real advantage will be that the new blower has the potential to be more efficient (less HP draw for equivalent boost) and slightly improved IAT's.

My view is that for those people interested in 21 lbs of boost or more, the new Whipple may be worth waiting for. For those that intend to run 19 lbs of boost with a 91 octane tune, it will be interesting to see if the differences in the real world (if any) and to compare this against any potential price differences.

That is weird seeing as how the 3.4 whipple for the Cobra is pulleyed for 24#s stock and has a sweet spot of 28#s of boost. Now granted this is not a cobra however compressor speed is still compressor speed the only difference would be the actual volume or the space that you are filling. Keep in mind the larger the compressor the more heat they will produce in the end. I understand efficiency quite well but it is the IAT2s that kill the tune. With the 3.4 on my cobra I was seeing 210 by the 2nd run at the track after a long ice down