Where to buy

David Gencay

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2006
Do you guys know where to buy motor oil and transaxle oil for our car my local dealer told me i had to buy a case of transaxle oil could not buy 1 quart also his price was 30 bucks plus i think dealer cost is 19.00 or so i found that out last weekend in Va. I know we can get a great deal on the mann oil filters without going to the dealer thankyou guys foreverything Dave

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Oil purchase

Dave, where in Virginia are you located. Purchased my GT from a dealer in Hampton who I am sure would sell transaxle fluid by the quart. I have purchase two quarts from him for my transaxle oil cooler install.
And you are very correct to stay with the Motorcraft specific fluids for the GT. Many other postings on the oil topic. Stay with Motorcraft 5W-50.
Bill

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Call Maurice at Duval Ford in FLA. He'll sell and ship whatever you want, good guy, good prices. The locals here in NoVa can't or won't compete.

Last edited:

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
no longer working there

Call Maurice at Duval Ford in FLA. He'll sell and ship whatever you want, good guy, good prices. The locals here in NoVa can't or won't compete.
KJD,

I tried to contact Maurice several months ago and I was told that he was no longer working there. Jay

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Jay,

Thanks. I ordered some stuff from him in November, I'll call to double check next week. If he's gone, I need to find a new source for Ford parts. My local dealerships are maximizing profit margins on retail parts and supplies!!!

Kirk

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
He is still there.

Outlaw

GT Owner
Apr 25, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
David, i encountered the same. The transaxle fluid is specicific for the GT , hench the "GT" designation at the end of the motorcraft part#. i was told i have to order it by the case, which is what im doing. about $300 - ouch !

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Just heard from Maurice, aka 92NSX. He's alive, well, and still working at Duval Ford in FLA. He's a great source for Ford parts -- very professional, knowledgeable, demonstrates outstanding service and has great prices. I highly recommend him to anyone needing OEM stuff.

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
After speaking with the president of Royal Purple Motor oil my understanding is that there is nothing unique to the gear oil. Royal Purple synthetic 75W90 is compatible. My dealer after calling Ford Tech concurred and used is when I had the tranny cooler installed 1500 miles and 4 race days ago. FWIW.

Derry