Where the oil is .

Status
Not open for further replies.

ford gt 1625

GT Owner
Sep 1, 2009
Atlanta GA
The two biggest oil fields by a hugh margin are Saudi Arabia and Irac . Now close this tread and i will stop.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Is "we" the United States?

Do we need to get off middle east oil?

The two biggest oil fields by a hugh margin are Saudi Arabia and Irac. Now close this thread and I will stop.

True, but you and I are both US citizens and your initial question is do we need to get off Middle East oil and the Middle East is not where we get most of the oil we import. Saudi Arabia does have the worlds largest oil fields as well as the world's largest proven reserves. Emphasis on the word proven. As of late there have been some massive offshore oil discoveries and there are undoubtably more to come. I would not be surprised if an oilfield that dwarfs that of Saudi Arabia is discovered during the next decade. Even at current prices, oil is one of the cheapest and most efficient fossil fuels in addition to a zillion other uses, from plastics to cosmetics. It is sheer folly to pump billions of dollars of taxpayer money into inefficient, outrageously expensive, and unreliable energy generation sources like wind turbines. We don't need to do anything but allow the marketplace to work. Millions of individuals making independent decisions will zero in on the least expensive and most efficient sources of energy for their needs. Government (in any country) intervention can only make energy more expensive and less reliable.

95% of the energy problems in the United States are the result of rules, regulations, and laws imposed upon us by our political masters. Because our energy problems are primarily political, it's impossible to have a discussion without zeroing in on that primary source of our energy angst. When any society gets affluent enough, a substantial portion of it's population can spend their time meddling in the affairs of fellow citizens, and doing some incredibly stupid things.

Chip

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.