Wheel Torque

gwbartlett

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Indiana
I just had the 20,000 mile service done on my '05 (and another set of rear tires) at McCoy Ford in Muncie, Indiana. The tech nocied that although the front lug nuts were tight, one of the left rear lug nuts was loose and all 5 of the right rear ones were torqued a lot less than 100 ft lbs. I normally don't check the torque between service intervals on my street cars but will on this fantastic car from now on.

-GWB

gt40man

GT owner
Aug 27, 2007
ive seen wheel torque fluctuations after hard use on the optional wheels. some times the nuts dont really get good bite on the painted wheels so you should check them. as the wheel gets scuffed up after several removals the nuts are likely to hold better.

H

HHGT

I just had the 20,000 mile service done on my '05 (and another set of rear tires) at McCoy Ford in Muncie, Indiana. The tech nocied that although the front lug nuts were tight, one of the left rear lug nuts was loose and all 5 of the right rear ones were torqued a lot less than 100 ft lbs. I normally don't check the torque between service intervals on my street cars but will on this fantastic car from now on.

-GWB

Yup had the same issue. Was much more noticeable after I had the Whipple installed. I check them regularly now.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I carry a torque wrench in the trunk at all times.