Does anyone have any information on the paint color
for the optional wheel? Thanks....

Last edited:

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA
. . . only information I had through my local experts is that the exact paint color is not to be had.

Pete S.

Aug 25, 2006
I have had several wheels touched up by a local fellow and he said that between the BMW and the Ford GT it was a toss up which was more difficult to match.

As for a code; sadly no only his special brew that he tints to perfection every time I give him a wheel. Furthermore it only works as a spray not as a wet touch up.

Takes care

Shadowman

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
If you think these are hard to match, try a Maserati....

Aug 25, 2006
If you think these are hard to match, try a Maserati....

Funny you should mention Maserati as I am presently sitting here looking at the new Granturismo "S" sales brouchure

Takes care

Shadowman

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Larry,
Last year I had a guy come to the house (in SoCal) to prep and paint a BBS option wheel I gouged up a bit. He nailed it and he said he had to go to a paint place and work quite some time to match it. Like Shadowman's guy, he mixed it up and sprayed it. Sounds like you need to find a similar guy up your way, I'm sure that you can.
Good luck.

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA
Everything wears over time; and I imagine so long as all 4 wheels are done to the closest color a shop could duplicate, the stock look would be maintained. I wanted my shop to try a slightly different scheme, and eventually I'll throw it on the car and see how it looks.

wheel001.jpg

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Everything wears over time; and I imagine so long as all 4 wheels are done to the closest color a shop could duplicate, the stock look would be maintained. I wanted my shop to try a slightly different scheme, and eventually I'll throw it on the car and see how it looks.

Pete, what fortuitous timing!! I'm thinking of doing a very similar paint for my Heritage. Like you've done, with a black center, but I can't decide on blue or orange for the outer rim (or silver like my 911). I've been trying to draw out this in my mind for the past week. Of course my photoshop skills aren't mad enough to get any sort of idea of how it'll look. So like I said, excellent timing for your post. Please post up a pic (or several :wink) once you put these on your car. I'm very interested in seeing what it will look like. :cheers

And Larry, I'm sorry for the OT on your original post. :O

Last edited:

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Very good Pete! You know I like that look:thumbsup Can't wait to see her in person:cheers

LarryS

GT Owner
Aug 6, 2008
Fremont, CA
And Larry, I'm sorry for the OT on your original post. :O

No problem, the OT is good, we all learn and see new things.
Thanks for the previous replies....
Larry S
Fremont, CA

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
:eek 'Kinda makes the stockers look...well..."lacking"! :eek

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
PeteS :thumbsup

I'm running the same coloring as Blk/ Silver with Blk calipers...

BTW - your rotors have rust on them:eek

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA
BTW - your rotors have rust on them:eek

Mike,

Perhaps, I may get in there with a small wire brush or a portable sand blaster to remove it. I do need a set of rotors in the first quarter of this year. These track events really grind them down, quickly. Let me know if you have any plans for VIR, Carolina Motor Sports, etc., and I'll head down. We need to enjoy a drink & smoke in 2009.

EP, I agree the look is different, and over time with normal driving everything needs to be repainted or replaced. I may consider adding a touch of white in there as well.

Pete S.

Pantera1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 12, 2008
Iowa
Does anyone have any information on the paint color
for the optional wheel? Thanks....

Larry,
Perhaps you could have a rim scanned for a close match. I have 3 sets of the optional wheels. They are complete sets from 3 different cars and none of the sets quite match ! One set, in particular, definitely has a slight yellowish cast compared to the others ! At the end of the day you'll probably find each lot of rims could be slightly different in color. Good luck ! :thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I may consider adding a touch of white in there as well.

Pete S.

Strange you'd say that, as I was wondering what the wheels on a Midnite Blue GT would look like with the wheel centers painted body color and the outer rims painted white! :biggrin

(And mebbe a 'blue pinstripe in the center of the "white!)

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Pete, especially pics 9, 10 and 11, where it shows the front and back wheels together, wow, I like it!!! It really does create an entirely different look for the car. So, was the red hand painted or is it a tape stripe?

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA
Pete, especially pics 9, 10 and 11, where it shows the front and back wheels together, wow, I like it!!! It really does create an entirely different look for the car. So, was the red hand painted or is it a tape stripe?

It is all paint. I think it may be the future look for my car once the original paint wear away and needs too much touching up. This shop in Elkridge Maryland seems to do some fantastic finish and repair on wheels in general.

As for the tape stripe, I may use that method to add a bit of white into the mix to see how it looks in moderation. And, I think the design might look interesting on my 6 spoke set; but they are in much newer shape. (Thanks Tom B.)

Pete S.