What's the most ridiculous item on the GT?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Chip,

I have to say I absolutely love my Arizona license plate. It cost me a grand total of $15 for sales tax, title, plate, and two years of registration.

Now that might be just as ridiculous, but I'm definitely not complaining.

Best Regards,
Jason

Jason, I hope those are for military plates, and you folks deserve a pass on the fees. After all your paying for our high cost of freedom. Again, many thanks for the service you and all the men and women give us daily. God keep you safe and allow all of you to return as soon as possible.:thumbsup

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Waldo, sounds like a tax bill will soon be awaiting your return of duty serving this great country.....

Mad,

There won't be a tax bill waiting for me. As an active duty serviceman stationed in Arizona (which is not my legal state of residency), I am exempt from the costly annual registration fees. When I was stationed in North Carolina, I was exempt from the annual personal property tax levied on vehicles registered in North Carolina.

I did not have to pay sales tax because auto sales in Arizona between private individuals are not subject to sales tax. If I had purchased the car from a dealer, I would have had to pay 5-8% depending on the location of the dealer.

If I had registered the GT in my home state of California, I would have had to pay something like 8% sales tax and the hefty annual registration fees.

Jason, I hope those are for military plates, and you folks deserve a pass on the fees.

Arizona DMV issues us "normal" plates. They just cut us a break on the registration. (North Carolina cuts us a break on the annual property tax.) I saved about $10K buying the car private party and registering it in Arizona. It was one of the many factors that came together at the right time that allowed me to buy the car.

Sorry for the brief hijack...

Best Regards,
Waldo

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
8 mpg

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
C'mon guys, the weird things like the doors and the speedometer are what set our car apart from the rest. One of the first things that you think of when you hear "Lamborghini" is the scissor doors. It makes the car unique.

Without the little (or not so little) oddities you might as well be driving a Corvette. No offense to the "Vette world.:biggrin

But I'm glad to hear the defroster was a mandated thing. I really thought someone up there had lost their mind.:rofl

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah, "'Tis a poor workman who blames his tools...":willy :rofl

Judiciously limiting the exuberant use of one's right foot easily raises that to 17MPG w/o going any higher than 3rd gear on most roadways! :biggrin :cheers

(Sorry, Fubar...'devil MADE me do it! :lol )

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Aaaaaaaaaaaaah, "'Tis a poor workman who blames his tools...":willy :rofl

Judiciously limiting the exuberant use of one's right foot easily raises that to 17MPG w/o going any higher than 3rd gear on most roadways! :biggrin :cheers

(Sorry, Fubar...'devil MADE me do it! :lol )

:rofl ... I kinda expected it. I actually consider it a bragging right. If you are getting 17mpg you need to take the FUBAR'd school of driving.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
:rofl ... I kinda expected it. I actually consider it a bragging right. If you are getting 17mpg you need to take the FUBAR'd school of driving.

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :rofl 'Pbly correct, sir!

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Dead battery ............... doors no open !:rofl

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
C'mon guys, the weird things like the doors and the speedometer are what set our car apart from the rest. One of the first things that you think of when you hear "Lamborghini" is the scissor doors. It makes the car unique.

Without the little (or not so little) oddities you might as well be driving a Corvette. No offense to the "Vette world.:biggrin

But I'm glad to hear the defroster was a mandated thing. I really thought someone up there had lost their mind.:rofl

Sorry Tex, you're right - I misread the thread. I thought it stated useless :lol :lol :lol

Waldo - good to know about NC. As many cars I have I think I'm signing my son up tonight for service to his country as long as he is stationed in this great state of NC!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Dead battery ............... doors no open !:rofl

Da ignishun key inserted into da door lock and turned is 'posta solve that pbm...:shrug

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Proper discrimination.

There won't be a tax bill waiting for me. As an active duty serviceman stationed in Arizona (which is not my legal state of residency), I am exempt from the costly annual registration fees.Waldo

Waldo,

This is one of the few AZ tax policies I am in favor of. Semper Fi. :thumbsup

Chip

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
The sadest thing about this car is that Ford should NOT have be allowed to release this awesome automobile with such a silly Focus ignition key....

:frown

Last edited:

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
Ridiculous? no contest....Axle bolts and washers

No contest folks. It is easily the axle bolts and their companion worthless washers!:thumbsdow

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Car cover

BradleyP

GT Owner
May 5, 2007
Rear bumper