What's Going On With All These GT's Being Sold?

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Sure seems like a lota folks are selling their GT's of late.

What's Going On?

Found this on EBay - HUUUUMMMMMMM.

Steve592 - HUUUUMMMMMM.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Ford-GT-2006-Ford-GT-Heritage-Edition_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ116478QQihZ009QQitemZ190191912093QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

HUUUUUMMMMM.

:pop

I'll stay tuned.

Last edited:

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
For some folks the GT was just another toy. BTDT, not driving it much and the fact that it is commanding a premium are possibly the main reasons for selling it.

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
I think this may be a seasonal thing. If someone has to put away their car for 5 months the thoughts of selling may come a little easier during cold winter nights. One of the reasons I left New York for Southern California.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Ok Fred this has to be your fault somehow. Did you show him the secret to the automated hand towel dispensor? If not you have until 1-25 to get him back into the family.

Steve if Spirit doesn't show you I will.

Twice Bitten GT

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2006
Ok Fred this has to be your fault somehow. Did you show him the secret to the automated hand towel dispensor? If not you have until 1-25 to get him back into the family.

Steve if Spirit doesn't show you I will.

I saw first hand (no pun intended) that you are an expert at that Chris!:lol

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Ebay Auction said:
As always seller reserves the right to end the auction early due to sale or return to sanity.

I think he will come back around.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Can you say...... "Stock Market Crash.....need Cash"

rsvdhd

Permanent Vacation
Oct 6, 2007
Yep, the markets crashed huge, the sad part is people SHOULD be buying right now but most people are staying away in fear. The US economy has been destroyed...

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
....... The US economy has been destroyed...

...a little over the top :bored

rsvdhd

Permanent Vacation
Oct 6, 2007

You think? Have you noticed the US dollar has remained weaker than the CDN for some time now? Are you watching what's happening in the real estate market? Paying much attention to home building? How about all those companies losing billions, like ML? Of course the rich need not worry, but the working class will face their challenges I'm thinking.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
The economy is cyclical. I guess I am showing my age...but I/we have seen this all before.

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
Steve, Say it ain't so?

... Due to a death in the family? So sorry and you have my condolences.

947 miles? :confused I would've thought you put that many on during the Indy trip.

We need to hear from Steve.

Last edited by a moderator:

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Typo in the milage Bigs. I know Steve has had his eye on a yellow car for a long time and I don't think Heritage was his first choice....he had a black one as well that he sold a while back.

I don't believe he is leaving us just changing seats :)

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
It's easy to see the little guy getting squeezed right now. The whole mortage deal is a big mess. Too many first time buyers that never looked own the road. These folks should never have bought unless they knew how they would afford the payment bump. The loan companies were irresponsible IMO as they could have kept the same qualifications and stalled the housing market into realilty long ago.

I have a couple employees that are going through BK due to this. They now plan to rent, but the rents are up 10% or more our west as these people have to go somewhere. The bumps raised the loan payments from $1,800 to $2,700 It's all very sad. These folks spent their savings to cover the bump and some even dipped into 401k's. But fortunately it's no where near the majority. The rents will be $1,100 to $1,500. The news and net makes is seam like a huge part of the population is in this mess. In reality it's around 1%-1.5% now and may top at 3% for what I hear.

But even with higher rents, as these folks settle in, they will have more spendable income IMO. That should eventually shore things up a bit. Also, not noted are the people wanting to buy at these price levels, but are still waiting as the news keeps saying it will get even cheaper. So, in the end I know of 2 really struggling and 10 ready to buy when the time is right. Many bank owned homes are not even available for sale yet out here. In addition the market is also comparing home sales to some of the largest volume numbers in decades. So the comparable number for growth will look even worse. "Worst decline as compared to the Highest increase". A little leveling applied to the numbers would show it's not as bad, but that is not newsworthy, is it?.

In my business I see lots of deferred purchases. Folks are staying away form the Wants and are more focused on the Needs right now. But in a few months those wants will become needs. The needs part of the business is better than average right now.

The news is not helping this much right now. Too much doom and gloom being played over and over. Even folks that are not in hot water, get in a funk because of it. The information age tends to cause the lines on the graph to move much quicker and more abrupt. Just my .02.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Wally...your .02 now costs a dime. :biggrin

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
The news is not helping this much right now. Too much doom and gloom being played over and over. Even folks that are not in hot water, get in a funk because of it. The information age tends to cause the lines on the graph to move much quicker and more abrupt. Just my .02.

Absolutely. This is one of the times in life when it pays not to watch the news or read the paper, or at least apply a good measure of rational thought to what you read or hear.

Automotive8r

Feb 8, 2007
The economy is cyclical. I guess I am showing my age...but I/we have seen this all before.

Back in the mid 90's during the ".com boom" financial experts said we would suffer a recession aroud 2009-2010 based on history. Similar to us going to war @ every 20-25 years. 9-11 may have altered that timeline a bit, but if you follow history, you tend to see patterns. Also similar to global warming, it goes in cycles. That is another discussion to save for a different post though.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

It's over! It's all over! :willy

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
We are NOT headed in a 'R', markey is going through a need adjustment.

There are plenty of folks who always forecast doom.

Listen today to Bob Brinker on his national radio show. You will learn more than watching B-J.

Most people buy at the top and sell at the bottom.

Take a deep breath!

Life is great!

Regarding the car market, is going where is should. Collector cars are toys, not investments. The prices at B-J are higher than I expected. Guys buying many of the cars are dealers I lknow. :)

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
We are NOT headed in a 'R', markey is going through a need adjustment.

There are plenty of folks who always forecast doom.

Listen today to Bob Brinker on his national radio show. You will learn more than watching B-J.

Most people buy at the top and sell at the bottom.

Take a deep breath!

Life is great!

Regarding the car market, is going where is should. Collector cars are toys, not investments. The prices at B-J are higher than I expected. Guys buying many of the cars are dealers I lknow. :)