Whatever happened to Version 2/3 of the WHIPPLE??

lthlvpr

GT Owner
Mar 8, 2006
I remember seeing posts a couple months back about a new/newer Whipple (larger disp) that would be available for our cars. Did that project end unsuccessfully?

Whipple Charged

Dec 9, 2005
Nope, just need to spend some time testing and I've been backed up with race boats, new kits, etc. so I haven't had time to test the new SC on the GT. Everything looks incredible on our other applications. We've already used quite a few in our marine kits. Parts are in stock, but not gonna ship or sale anything until I make sure everything is perfect on the car. Hope to release soon...

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
great news!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Nope, just need to spend some time testing and I've been backed up with race boats, new kits, etc. so I haven't had time to test the new SC on the GT. Everything looks incredible on our other applications. We've already used quite a few in our marine kits. Parts are in stock, but not gonna ship or sale anything until I make sure everything is perfect on the car. Hope to release soon...

When I asked you guys about a month ago if there was gonna be a newer version of the whipple for the GT, I was told "no", that it would more than likely not work on the GT because of its size. Whats up with that? :willy
Wish we would have known this earlier......
Please keep us posted on the progress :thumbsup

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
When I asked you guys about a month ago if there was gonna be a newer version of the whipple for the GT, I was told "no", that it would more than likely not work on the GT because of its size. Whats up with that? :willy
Wish we would have known this earlier......
Please keep us posted on the progress :thumbsup

humm you should pay more attention to this site...:biggrin This was discussed back in December... 3 months ago....

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13418&highlight=whipple

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Many companies adopt the SWIM policy.

What, you never heard of that?

Have you heard of Osborne Computers?

If so, the policy would be well understood.

read below ->

S = Sell
W = What
I = I
M = Make

We are fortunate that Whipple even shares with us new innovations they are working on, some of which may never become products. It has be the death nail of many of companies.

Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
humm you should pay more attention to this site...:biggrin This was discussed back in December... 3 months ago....

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13418&highlight=whipple

Thats the very reason I asked them. Again, I was told nothing was currently being developed for the GT to take the newer blower as they had attempted it and could not come up with a correct fitment for the GT to take the length of the new blower

Last edited:

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
Shelby'Shelby'Shelby,we all know your one of those turbo kind of guys anyway!:willy

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Shelby'Shelby'Shelby,we all know your one of those turbo kind of guys anyway!:willy

Yes I am, but I do love the whipples also. They make a VERY nice product! :)

Whipple Charged

Dec 9, 2005
I'm not sure who said that, but thats not true. We built the kit about 4 months ago except for the shorter drive snout, which is done now. Maybe there was some mis-communication, because we have 2 rotor designs, the first I thought before testing that it wasn't going to be as good as I demand, but it far exceeded my expectations. The second design is off the charts awesome but it took almost 4 months to get to that point. I really didn't want to sale the first design and then come out with another, didn't feel it was right. Looking back, it was certainly good enough, but since we waited, everyone will get the latest, greatest.

The thing is, normally, this info would not be released until its ready to sale, or ready to take orders, but the cat got out of the bag before I was ready so you guys know more than you should :)

Last edited:

Whipple Charged

Dec 9, 2005
Thats the very reason I asked them. Again, I was told nothing was currently being developed for the GT to take the newer blower as they had attempted it and could not come up with a correct fitment for the GT to take the length of the new blower

It's only .90" longer.

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
Please also let us Gen I guy know how to upgrade to the latest and greatest when you're ready Dustin. I truly admire your proudcts' design and workmanship. :thumbsup

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Obviously you guys haven't caught on yet. Whipple is in Fresno, so guess who is the beta tester and the first to have one (hint: does carbon fiber mean anything).

There's telephone, telegraph, and teleBony.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Obviously you guys haven't caught on yet. Whipple is in Fresno, so guess who is the beta tester and the first to have one (hint: does carbon fiber mean anything).

There's telephone, telegraph, and teleBony.

I think there are 8 or more owners in the Fresno area.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
But only ONE Bony.

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
Please also let us Gen I guy know how to upgrade to the latest and greatest when you're ready Dustin. I truly admire your proudcts' design and workmanship. :thumbsup

I second that thought. I'm champing at the bit, good to go soon as we get the word :biggrin

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Many companies adopt the SWIM policy.

What, you never heard of that?
Have you heard of Osborne Computers?
If so, the policy would be well understood.
read below ->
S = Sell
W = What
I = I
M = Make
We are fortunate that Whipple even shares with us new innovations they are working on, some of which may never become products. It has be the death nail of many of companies.

Honestly the capitalist mannerism in me has me centered around the SWOT theory - in design the same.........

Sell
Whats
ON shelf
TODAY!

ie SWOT! :cheers

........so Dustin tell me about Gen 1 upgrades please.... need more instant power....

Looking for the BIGGEST cannon rush at this time!

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
You can't sell what you don't have.

Gentlemen,

In the car business, before our salespeople would go out onto the lot every day we would tell them .......

Don't see what you can sell....Sell what you can see!

Chip