What would you take...Saleen S7, carrera GT, 458.....

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Just a random off topic question, what would you take for $350K or less, any car on the table. I'd probably take a Carrera GT, have always loved those. S7 a close second.

cetro

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2012
Calabasas, CA
Carrera GT all the way.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
S7 or 458… The CGT is beautiful but I’ve heard the clutch is difficult to manage and the times I’ve see one on the road it looks like it only goes full-tilt or park…. nothing in-between. I know from personal experience that the S7 is raw but in a good way. The 458 is just fantastic in any environment but I doubt it will hold it’s appeal the way the S7 or CGT have.

Tuff choice but better than having to decide on a Camry or Altima.

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Aventador

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Aventador

Hmmmmmmmmmm...'could be I cast my 'vote' a bit too soon...

andymlow

GT Owner
May 17, 2007
Sarasota, FL
S7 - no contest. Part of what this group likes about the GT experience is the exclusivity and the fact it won't ever be made again. That applies to the S7 in spades - very few made for the road and it will never be reproduced. There will always be a better F car and P car.

FLY GT40

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2006
So. Ca.
Sorry guys but I drive and enjoy my Ford GT and I would not drive the other cars as much. Though they are cool cars I would not trade my GT for them. They only make a car like this once in a generation. And I have been lucky enough to own mine since new. Thanks Ford

Drive it like you own it and enjoy the hell out of it.:devil:driving::thumbsup

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
For that budget I'd take two more FGT'S

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
For that budget I'd take two more FGT'S
Great answer!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
C GT is like a Swiss watch, that would be my choice.

on d bit

Jul 20, 2008
maricopa az
I like the GT2 RS and the Ford GT would be my 2nd choice.

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
C6RS Corvette. Still like American Power. :)

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Sorry guys but I drive and enjoy my Ford GT and I would not drive the other cars as much. Though they are cool cars I would not trade my GT for them. They only make a car like this once in a generation. And I have been lucky enough to own mine since new. Thanks Ford

Drive it like you own it and enjoy the hell out of it.:devil:driving::thumbsup
We are on the same page!
I was just at a car show yesterday.I had a Ferrari California on one side and a Carrera GT on the other .Our beloved Ford GT was the crowd favorite!It was almost comical how the crowded it was around my car!

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
No pix?

I was just at a car show yesterday.I had a Ferrari California on one side and a Carrera GT on the other

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
TT Gallardo

JAYGT

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2010
MIAMI
Aventador

Not for 350k or less. Maybe in a year or two.

CGT all the way. Even though I love the look of the S7

I saw a blue S7 broken down on the side of the highway a few months ago getting loaded on a flat bed. Apparently a common occurrence. From what Ive been told locally and what Ive read from the techs that work on these cars they are a total piece of junk. Constantly leaking, overheating issues and some others things that don't come to mind right now. Supposedly the turbos are the most temperamental of the two.

xrayman396

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2006
Bucks County Pa
I once had this dilemma, I discussed it with Shelby and now I have 2 Ford Gt , Tungsten and Black (delete) along with a Black 05 Carrera GT thanks to Elite. Never looked back best decision ever both great cars.