What would you buy if you have multiple GTs?

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
So driving a GT says I have sense?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
oh well....(I have a GT)

I guess that just makes me ................lucky!

2 GTs is .........................double lucky! :thumbsup

robt777

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 28, 2010
Florida & Ohio
Murci roadster, hands down. I regret the day I sold mine and I'm now looking for another. Baddest car on the planet, in my humble opinion.

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Murci roadster, hands down. I regret the day I sold mine and I'm now looking for another. Baddest car on the planet, in my humble opinion.

Yea, I have to say your are right. That is one bad ass machine for sure! Get it in Verda ithica.

azmurciev12

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2011
I'm considering trading my Stradale for a 599 GTB. My two GT's are loud enough and the Stradale is also quite raw. Front engined V-12 is calling. Looking for something more daily driver thats easier to get in and out of.

i just got an SLS. i've driven the 599 and i think the MB is the better and more fun car IMO. you should try it.

I sort of think the SLR roadster is near its bottom and ready to climb again. I just love how they look. I agree buying a new one was a disaster. Seeing some coupes in the 250k range with low miles which is a 50% hit in depreciation that sucks for the original owner. Second buyer might be happy and up for some decent gains over time. Some might argue 100k over MSRP on a new FGT was a disaster too. My R8 V10 spyder will likely be laid victim to the same massive depreciation also. Glad I'm not trying to make money buying and driving cars. Buy it because you love it not to make money!

Otis

i also considered the SLR. although the car may sound cheap now compared to its MSRP, the parts and service cost an arm and a leg, just like a Carrera GT. once again, for something you want to DD, the SLS is a great car, IMO

azmurciev12

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2011
Yea, I have to say your are right. That is one bad ass machine for sure! Get it in Verda ithica.

i have an '03 Murcie coupe. all i can say is the car is fantastic. not as fast as the current supercars, but for style and reliability, i can vouch for it. had it since brandnew and now with over 10K miles. never had any problems. just oil change and new rotors. the car will put a smile on your face and many others also that get to see it when you pass by.

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Man, what an interesting question. I think Shelby's comments are noteworthy, as he probably sees, drives, and fawns over more cars in a year than any of us will in a lifetime. In my next life, instead of being a boring estate lawyer I want to be an exotic car dealer. :)

Trouble is, there's not a lot that really gets me excited right now. And believe me, I think about it all the time.

The R8 is cool, but then I think I would want the faster/louder/more exuberant Lambo upon which it is based. Already did that. Twice.

Porsche GT3RS (kudos, DBK) is a fabulous car and one that I could live with for the rest of my life, if forced. Still the best steering feel of any car I have ever owned.

Aston, oh yea. In my book, the most beautiful cars on the road. Vantage v8, while not the most exotic, is my all-time favorite design. Mmm Mmm good.

Viper, Corvette. Just can't see it when the GT does everything they can do on the road, only better. Its like having hamburger served on the same plate as Filet. They're both beef, but the similarity ends there.

Nissan GT-R. The hands-down value play. I want another one and will probably buy one as my next company car.

Aventador? Too rich for my blood, although I know that its all relative. That's the kind of car you buy with a couple days interest if you are a billionaire.

Bentley? Almost ordered one, but held off. Definitely gonna do this as a retirement present to myself, but that's a long ways off for me.

Mercedes SLS? Neat car, cool heritage, seems like a bad money/fun ratio.

Which leads me to the Ferrari 458. Supposed to be a game changer. We shall see come March, I guess.

Don't you just love being a car guy?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
F458

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Plain and simple - A bigger garage!

To fill with those cars you have all mentioned in this post.

Never stop dreaming.

MDT

GT Owner
Jun 24, 2006
I went to Vegas and did the exotic driving tour:

http://www.worldclassdriving.com/ev...302200d7930e&gclid=CNWCl6vOwa0CFeJdTAodBD5b_Q

The Mercedes SLR was really weird. Carbon brakes not good for the street. Press the gas and the engine would make wash machine like noises (clunk clunk) before any acceleration was felt. I'm sure it's great at high speed, but daily driver no. Also a pain to get in and out of.

The F430 seats were not comfortable to me, but maybe I need to lose weight. Seemed fast, but not super fast. Also seemed light and noisy.

The Audi R8 v10 was really nice. Super comfortable, transmission seemed to work, seemed quick, but with a quiet car not sure about the speed of it.

The Bentley was all that I expected, big, heavy, a little rocking when you stepped on the pedal.

Anyway, was a good opportunity to put some street miles on cars.

I'm looking for a nice daily driver/long trip car that I can park almost anywhere. I really want the Vantage V8, but hesitate not only on the depreciation and reliability but it's also tough to go backwards on car electronics. I'm seriously considering the R8 as it looks unique and has enough performance to back it up. Going to try to get a Black 302 LS this year and maybe something else if I can't find one.

f4udriver

GT Owner
May 9, 2011
Springfield, Il.
My suggestion is a Mosler MT900S

IMG_7210.jpg

Incredible performance and reasonably priced. Very comfortable to drive for what it is.
After owning several Ferrari's I can tell you the maintenance cost's can be extreme. The Mosler is a LS motor and most of the parts are aftermarket race products. I work on it myself, requires no special tools and the warranty work can be done by any Chevy dealer, (but I wouldn't let them).

Most all of the existing cars are being driven so the market most likely will not be able to discriminate against them since there are few if any garage queens.

Probably the cheapest all carbon 50 state car there is.

I drove mine today in 43 degree weather and it did just fine. There are some concessions for performance but I guarantee it will outperform anything mentioned so far.

Also a good chance there will be appreciation as the production level hasn't even hit 50 so far, and a couple have been totaled.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Do you want to have a fun little car for not much money? I'm becoming more and more attracted to the Lotus Exige. I saw one today parked on the street in Longmont. I almost bought an Elise but got scared because of the Lotus tag and the nearest dealer is 2 hours away, but heck it's just a Toyota and my friend says no problem :)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
GTDrummer isn't gonna fit in a Lotus.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
GTDrummer isn't gonna fit in a Lotus.

Oh, never thought of that. Would almost assuredly be a problem for me too. I always try cars on before I buy them but the little Lotus's are small and would have to try one. Elise's are tiny but the Exige and Evora might fit.

I went to their site today and it looks like they might be coming back on 2015 with some larger cars.

So the conclusion is really, you can't beat a FGT.

enrico

GT Owner
Jul 20, 2010
London, UK
how about an F40? Can't beat the looks, no depreciation and great driver's car.... also a caterham or ariel atom can be really good fun, i have one and am not looking back!

crazy cuban4

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2010
Cortez, FL
Get a third and twin turbo charge it!!

You will spend far less than the Zonda and blow its doors off!

I agree, you can't beat a FGT.

Wil

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
aventador!

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
GT Drummer,

A while back I started a thread about my GT and my newly purchased F430 coupe. I am REALLY enjoying have both a Red-Head and a Blonde!
Variety is the spice of life. :thumbsupDon't think there is any new thrill in driving the same one 3times (all the time)........:thumbsdow

JL

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
GT Drummer,

A while back I started a thread about my GT and my newly purchased F430 coupe. I am REALLY enjoying have both a Red-Head and a Blonde!
Variety is the spice of life. :thumbsupDon't think there is any new thrill in driving the same one 3times (all the time)........:thumbsdow

JL

Good advice

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
What Shelby said makes a lot of sense so it depends on what you want to do with the car, I would buy an Orange 911 GT3 RS and track it