What top speed?

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
Guys doing an event here in the UK to see what top speed I can achieve...

It is a half mile straight followed by a large radius turn and a 2 mile straight.

I think I can come out onto the final straight at around 60-70mph....

What speed do you think I can get?

Car has pulley+tune....

dealmaker

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2006
England
Matteo,

Didn't a GT get up to circa 193 MPH there last year??

You need to get Roush to fit a 4.0 Whipple - that will sort it! (And should get you well over 200!)

In fact look what this Geiger FGT achived with just a 3.4L Whipple:

29OMr3Ls.jpg

You would be able to beat those pesky RuF's !

Last edited:

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK

But wait for the snow to clear is my technical advice.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
i took me two miles from a dead stop to hit 200 mph on GPS in my bone stock GT. with a pulley and tune i expect to hit 210+ mph in 2 miles. with a tailwind and a low density altitude i think i can hit 215 mph.......

but then i only have a 2.87" pulley, so i will definately be using my 100 octane tune.

dealmaker

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2006
England
If it's the place I'm thinking of (Bruntingthorpe in UK) then - whilst there is a 2 mile straight - that inlcudes the braking area (which leads off into a sharp right turn) so there isn't actually a full 2 mile straight get up to V-Max on.

Current record at this location is a RuF RT12 at 211MPH. Biggest issue is wind down the straight rather than entry speed from first turn.

I think mine would give the RuF a serious run for it's money EXCEPT that there is a noice limit of 98dba - and mine is almost louder than the when the ignition is OFF!! :lol

Last edited:

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
Yeah... taking the Xpipe off.... it idles at 107db... Stock it is 101db at 5k rpm... The Porks are all louder than that... I am sure I can do it.

Whipple? I am thinking about it... but the downside is heat buildup when tracking the car hard....

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Guys doing an event here in the UK to see what top speed I can achieve...

It is a half mile straight followed by a large radius turn and a 2 mile straight.

I think I can come out onto the final straight at around 60-70mph....

What speed do you think I can get?

Car has pulley+tune....

I ran a 206 mph on my GPS in a similar event. I have a Pulley, tune and X pipe

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=172245&postcount=56
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14139&highlight=seth

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2006

You are DA man

All the best STORMCAT

Shadowman

dealmaker

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2006
England
Yeah... taking the Xpipe off.... it idles at 107db... Stock it is 101db at 5k rpm... The Porks are all louder than that... I am sure I can do it.

Whipple? I am thinking about it... but the downside is heat buildup when tracking the car hard....

Matteo,

Do you think I would get chucked off with mine? - straight-through racing pipes - no silencers or CAT's ??