Damn Bony, you sure are racking up them posts! :wink :lol

just an old broken down post whore :biggrin

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
bony said:
Our secret is we have been around, have a good industry reputation, promise a long term future, hire from within and are in a growth industry. and live by the 4 way test of Rotary.
Very similiar to us except that we have only been around for 7 years, but are considered a major player in our industry.

Believe it or not, the furniture industry is very cut throat, and most business owners in the industry are paranoid. I consider myself a new breed. While I pay attention to competition, I do not let them rule my life. My old employer tells all the manufacturers not to sell to me, and guess what happens? They eagerly sign up with me. :biggrin I never say that to my suppliers. There is plenty of business for everyone. :cheers
I always try to hire within. The problem is most of my guys have nobody to recommend. :confused
I have heard you speak of Rotary before, but I am not familiar with it, so I can not comment on that. It seems to be working for you though, so keep doing what you are doing! :thumbsup

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
bony said:
just an old broken down post whore :biggrin
Man, I need to play some serious catch-up! :biggrin

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
BTW, I just got back from LAX. I picked up our new puppy! She is a beautiful Cream Chow Chow. Life is good! :biggrin

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Don't know what Rotary is? How is that possible? I'm not personally a member, but I've spoken to their groups on several occasions and housed one of their foreign exchange students for 6 months. Very nice aggregate of business leaders. Bony, sign him up!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
fjpikul said:
Bony, sign him up!

I don't know if Rocman will meet Bony's sponsorship tests. Have you seen some of his photoshops? :lol

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
DBK said:
I don't know if Rocman will meet Bony's sponsorship tests. Have you seen some of his photoshops? :lol

Sure he does, you says you can't be bawdy and fun loving...
from www.Rotary.org

The Four-Way Test

From the earliest days of the organization, Rotarians were concerned with promoting high ethical standards in their professional lives. One of the world's most widely printed and quoted statements of business ethics is The Four-Way Test, which was created in 1932 by Rotarian Herbert J. Taylor (who later served as RI president) when he was asked to take charge of a company that was facing bankruptcy.

This 24-word test for employees to follow in their business and professional lives became the guide for sales, production, advertising, and all relations with dealers and customers, and the survival of the company is credited to this simple philosophy. Adopted by Rotary in 1943, The Four-Way Test has been translated into more than a hundred languages and published in thousands of ways. It asks the following four questions:

"Of the things we think, say or do:

Is it the TRUTH?

Is it FAIR to all concerned?

Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?

Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?"

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
bony said:
Sure he does, you says you can't be bawdy and fun loving...
from www.Rotary.org

The Four-Way Test

From the earliest days of the organization, Rotarians were concerned with promoting high ethical standards in their professional lives. One of the world's most widely printed and quoted statements of business ethics is The Four-Way Test, which was created in 1932 by Rotarian Herbert J. Taylor (who later served as RI president) when he was asked to take charge of a company that was facing bankruptcy.

This 24-word test for employees to follow in their business and professional lives became the guide for sales, production, advertising, and all relations with dealers and customers, and the survival of the company is credited to this simple philosophy. Adopted by Rotary in 1943, The Four-Way Test has been translated into more than a hundred languages and published in thousands of ways. It asks the following four questions:

"Of the things we think, say or do:

Is it the TRUTH?

Is it FAIR to all concerned?

Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?

Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?"

hope DBK doesn't make me take out a banner ad for Rotary :rofl

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Yup, I'm a live one! :banana :banana
BTW, here's a quick pic of the newest addition to our family. :biggrin

Attachments

• babypup.jpg
    babypup.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 35

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
I actually have followed my own code that is not much different from that.
I almost always tell the truth (my son still thinks there is a Santa).
I always put myself in the other persons shoes.
I always make sure that everyone is happy with the outcome.
It always benefits everyone, but usually not as beneficial to myself, but I can live with it.
Most people I have dealt with usually take advantage of my generosity, and it frustrates my wife, but it doesn't really bother me much, and I can not explain why. The only time is bothers me is when they brag to others about it and it gets back to me.
Considerate and compassionate is how I would most categorize myself.
I will remember this test next time, and I am interested in finding out if it does have an impact on my actions.
Thanks Bony!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
ROCMAN said:
Yup, I'm a live one! :banana :banana
BTW, here's a quick pic of the newest addition to our family. :biggrin

Beautiful puppy... make a hell of an auction item for BOY & GIRLS CLUBS OF FRESNO COUNTY'S STEPPING OUT FOR KIDS ON BROADWAY tomorrow night.
Still accepting great donations :cheers :biggrin :cheers

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
bony said:
Beautiful puppy... make a hell of an auction item for BOY & GIRLS CLUBS OF FRESNO COUNTY'S STEPPING OUT FOR KIDS ON BROADWAY tomorrow night.
Still accepting great donations :cheers :biggrin :cheers

opps, I am hijacking your thread, taking advantage of your good generous nature. But our kids need the money...

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
What kind of goods are acceptable for donation? I have a 17000 sqft warehouse filled with stuff.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
ROCMAN said:
What kind of goods are acceptable for donation? I have a 17000 sqft warehouse filled with stuff.

Seriously, to late for this year, but we do a charity auction, means anything and everything. Awsum is donating his wifes SL65AMG, what a guy :willy

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
OK. Hit me up when the time calls. I'll buy a couple hundred tickets for the SL65! :biggrin