What learned about my car today

ATM empty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Southern California
While looking at the FORD supplied information: 2006 OWNER'S GUIDE, TIRE WARRANTY, WARRANTY Guide and "QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE". I came across the following in the "QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE/essential information/TIRE PRESSURE" - "Additional tire pressure information reguarding high speed use can be found on the tire lable located on the lower B pillar. Hummm, I have looked at that Orange sticker for eight months and never took time to read it.

WARNING

“To reduce the risk of potential tire failure that could lead to serious injury or death. Increase the front and rear tire pressure to 275kPa/40psi when driven over 150MPH"

I also think I know why there is no glove box, on the decal next to this "WARNING" is this statement:

"The combined weight of occupants and cargo should never exceed 169kg/374lbs"

It may be time to read the complete "OWNER'S GUIDE". Now when people ask, HOW FAST IS IT? I open the drivers door just point to that decal and tell them what it says.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
ooops!

I recently discovered that I am 252 pounds - I like to think I wear it well as I am tall and behave like a thin man. However that means that no passenger can be more than 95 pounds in my car.

:lol

:lol

:frown :bored :frown

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Guess I got to find me 50lb wife/girlfriend/mistress... boy am I in a jam.
Hello Twiggy:lol :rofl :lol

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX

If you troll the elementary schools that shouldn't be a problem. Let them down gently when they graduate into the third grade.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006

The set on your avatar weighs more than 50 lbs! :rofl

Send them my way! Oh....BTW as of about an hour ago ... I'm an owner. Thanks for the input from the forum.:cheers

Steve

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
It seems like less air pressure would be better. At 150mph the air int he tires would be getting hot and expanding. This would typically cause the center of the tire to wear excessively.

I plan to fill my tires with nitrogen this week (as soon as I get the new set in).

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I've been over 150 innumerable times and it feels great with the standard pressure.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Prolly a lawyer sticker. Remember the explorer.