What is your daily driver??

getbit

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 15, 2006
Austin, Texas
How do you like the "V"?

I absolutely love it so far.

I don't think there is a better daily driving performance car out there (for the money) available today.

GT 1547

GT Owner
Dec 4, 2006
Vernal, UT
My commute consists of driving 400 miles between our mountain home in Northeastern Utah and our desert home in Southwestern Utah 2 or 3 times a month. For this I use any and all of the following depending on weather and what I'm hauling. 2006 FGT, 2006 Z06, 2008 911 Turbo, 2009 CTS-V, 2010 ZR1, 2010 Boxter S (wifes), 2011 Porsche Cayenne Turbo or a 2007 lifted crew cab dura max with Banks tune and exhaust when I'm hauling my old cars or harleys. Normally in Northeastern Utah my daily driver is the dura max and in Southwestern Utah it is the Cayenne or CTS-V

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
2010 Nissan Armada (For it's towing capacity). Drive the Lone Star Cobra alot to work. Only 6 miles and if it looks like rain can be home in 10 mins. I recently test drove the CTS-V but the salesman made a big deal of driving it "SLOWLY", guess he thought arriving in the GT I wanted to test it's capabilities. He was right dang it. Will probably have a "V" in the next few months, but, it maybe my sons to and from college car.

Larry

getbit

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 15, 2006
Austin, Texas
It amazes me how some on this thread got stuck with Caddy dealers who didn't want to give test drives or were overly cautious when giving them.

The dealer I purchased from in San Antonio kept urging me to push the car harder and had me take an very fun "back road" to test it's handling abilities...but not so much as to be necessarily reckless.

Granted, the test car (a 4 door) was one they used for local promotional gatherings and had some miles on it, but they wanted to show me what would most likely be the selling point of the car.

It worked.

It was not initially high on my list when I went up there but ended up in my garage shortly after.

I recently test drove the CTS-V but the salesman made a big deal of driving it "SLOWLY", guess he thought arriving in the GT I wanted to test it's capabilities.

HA! Maybe he figured I would drive like an old man since I drove up in the Mercedes S63.

Last edited: