What is your daily driver??

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Only one hp but very green.

Ed

PS His name is Indy & I found him 6 years ago near VIR (Martinsville).

:laugh:

Skyrex, thanks for the additional picture of the BMW, I didn't have the cash when these things came out, it looks a weapon. I would definitely have had one as a daily drive....

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Only one hp but very green.

Ed

PS His name is Indy & I found him 6 years ago near VIR (Martinsville).

Ed, would you like to trade daily drivers? He's beautiful!

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Mrs. Aloha & I usually drive our Aston Martin DB9, Renntech CL55 AMG and Porsche 930 slantnose turbo. When duty calls to ferry more passengers or stuff, Honda Odyssey, Scion (we just bought it and forgot the model) or Honda CRV.

To help offset our ginormous carbon footprint, we expect delivery of 2 Nissan Leafs in a few months.

Our new garage will be completed soon and looking forward to filling with new toys I've had my eyes on.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
To help offset our ginormous carbon footprint, we expect delivery of 2 Nissan Leafs in a few months.

What "ginormous" carbon footprint? The most cars the two of you TOGETHER can drive at one time is TWO. Makes no diff if you have a fleet of 500! ("A parked car does NOT a footprint make." - Pocket's law :lol) So your "footprint" is no better or worse than any other average TWO CAR family's would be.

Therefore, you may now sleep soundly knowing that all is well between the two of you and Al Gore. (Can I get an "Amen" over here?)

You're welcome. :biggrin

And as a certain 'Forum member would say: "I'm here all day...tip your server well...try the liver..."

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
EP, thanks for helping, but the "average two car family's" reference may not be exactly so. Notwithstanding the limitations of driving no more than two vehicles at any given time, the fuel consumed and resulting emissions when said cars are driven is closer to the mark. My reference to the carbon footprint is the fact that 4 of our vehicles including the FGT average single or low double digit MPGs in our driving. Mrs. drives much more aggressively than do I, and she regularly overrides her traction control to/from her office in the 9. I forget what Renntech Stage the AMG is at plus some Euro tuning but I seem to recall ~700hp. When blasting from Boston to San Francisco a few years back, I thought I could literally see the needle work its way down to E.

In any event, we decided to participate and do our part by getting 2 Leafs (Leaves?). For a small island State and being the only State in the Union that burns oil to generate electricity, the EVs will still indirectly consume oil but much less so and zero emissions.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
EP, thanks for helping, but the "average two car family's" reference may not be exactly so. Notwithstanding the limitations of driving no more than two vehicles at any given time, the fuel consumed and resulting emissions when said cars are driven is closer to the mark. My reference to the carbon footprint is the fact that 4 of our vehicles including the FGT average single or low double digit MPGs in our driving. Mrs. drives much more aggressively than do I, and she regularly overrides her traction control to/from her office in the 9. I forget what Renntech Stage the AMG is at plus some Euro tuning but I seem to recall ~700hp. When blasting from Boston to San Francisco a few years back, I thought I could literally see the needle work its way down to E.

In any event, we decided to participate and do our part by getting 2 Leafs (Leaves?). For a small island State and being the only State in the Union that burns oil to generate electricity, the EVs will still indirectly consume oil but much less so and zero emissions.

Krymuny! I try to throw a guy a "get out of guilt free card" and he "waves the fifth" on me!!! PUBLICLY! You're one crummy client! :rofl

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Krymuny! I try to throw a guy a "get out of guilt free card" and he "waves the fifth" on me!!! PUBLICLY! You're one crummy client! :rofl

EP, personally I wouldn't care if you have more cars than Imelda Marcos had shoes and neither should anyone else. The CF would be zero!

getbit

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 15, 2006
Austin, Texas
I recently replaced my 2008 MB S63 AMG daily driver with a 2011 CTS-V Coupe.
For bad weather days, the MB GL550 does the job.

Last edited:

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
I recently replaced my 2008 MB S63 AMG daily driver with a 2011 CTS-V Coupe.

How do you like the "V"?

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
I drive a Fuel Cell Electric prototype (Honda Clarity) as my everyday driver. I have had the car now over two years. Next to my FGT it's one of my favorite cars to drive! There is nothing like a NON-Plug In electric car to get your juices flowing. A lot of power from the start and no trany to spoil the smooth acceleration range. The only thing it spits out of the tail pipe is drinking water! why aren't we all driving these things?

I have two words for you, why; OIL LOBBY

steveirl

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2010
Ireland
One of the cars I most curious about! I've never driven one, never been in one and rarely see them. Driving impressions?
Its normal you would not often see one neilda, they only made just 160 right hand drive cars, I think the total made was less than 900.
I would not agree with Skyrex when he says it was a bit slow, certainly beside a GT it is, but compared to its competition, SL, XJS, DB7, it was quicker,sharper, better built, and has i think aged beautifully. I also believe Euro cars are a little brisker than US cars, and they also have a transmission oil cooler and the rear wheel steering system known as AHK
To drive, I guess think of a sofetr version of a 550 Maranello, or 456 with more torque and you get the idea. Much sharper than a standard 850i, all suspension, braking and steering is unique to this model, only available with 6 speed manual, with the S70 5.6 V12 engine. It was built at the BMW Motorsport facility, and has more or less every available option as standard.
Really gets into its stride at high speeds, with great overtaking ability, and brilliant planted feel on the road. I love this car, one of the best sports GT cars ever made.

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Ford F-150 4x4

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
ford_pinto_emblem.jpg :biggrin

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Are you a Raiders fan?

Only if they let the Lions beat them :)

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Its normal you would not often see one neilda, they only made just 160 right hand drive cars, I think the total made was less than 900.
I would not agree with Skyrex when he says it was a bit slow, certainly beside a GT it is, but compared to its competition, SL, XJS, DB7, it was quicker,sharper, better built, and has i think aged beautifully. I also believe Euro cars are a little brisker than US cars, and they also have a transmission oil cooler and the rear wheel steering system known as AHK
To drive, I guess think of a sofetr version of a 550 Maranello, or 456 with more torque and you get the idea. Much sharper than a standard 850i, all suspension, braking and steering is unique to this model, only available with 6 speed manual, with the S70 5.6 V12 engine. It was built at the BMW Motorsport facility, and has more or less every available option as standard.
Really gets into its stride at high speeds, with great overtaking ability, and brilliant planted feel on the road. I love this car, one of the best sports GT cars ever made.

Maybe I needed a euro spec. :wink

I still think it is one of the best looking cars ever. I guess the point I was making about the speed factor was that for a six figure sports car I did not think it gave you six figure performance. Loved it, still love it and often think of picking one up again. I just found it to be more of a luxury car than a sports car. :cheers

93extxdps

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 17, 2007
Texas
2010 Raptor 6.2 for our daily driver.
Almost as much fun as the GT.

Darin

Attachments

• 100_4542.jpg
    100_4542.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 124

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
BMW 550i (never again!!!!!! transmission is horrible) ) and a Land Rover LR-4. Just placed an order for the 2011/2 Audi TT RS.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
2009 BMW M3. Went with the dual clutch transmission...over 12K miles, and only driven in automatic mode for 5 miles...great transmission, very fast...but, I really miss a 6-speed manual...sometimes I want to let the clutch out slow, sometimes I want to go from 4th to 2nd, and I simply miss the connection to the car.
Soooo, when my lease is up, I will go back to a 6 spd manual. And I am seriously thinking about the Cadillac CTS-V, especially the new wagon version (i secretly like fast sport wagons, think RS4 Avant)! The only problem I have is finding one to test drive (even a regular CTS-V sedan would be great)...I have had an unwritten rule that I don't buy a car that I cannot test drive. Afterall, what sold me on the Ford GT originally was how smooth it drove and how easy the shifter/clutch engagement and Ricardo transmission was (especially compared to Tremec). And I had a chance to compare the test drive to similar test drives in Ferrari 360/430, Porsche GT-3, Lamborghini Gallardo, etc...but I have been unable to find a CTS-V that I can test drive...local dealer says no way...
Interesting that so many GT owners also own a CTS-V. How do you like the manual? Light clutch? Notchy or smooth shifter?

jim gibson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 13, 2009
warren, ohio
2006 Hummer H2, I just love this vehicle next to my Ford GT.