What is this plug behind seat?

AHudson

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2009
Alabama
I removed my interior for thorough cleaning, console 'de-rattling', but foolishly didn't photograph the wiring. There were only 4 plugs I see :

1. AC/Heat controls
2. Subwoofer
3. Amp
4. And this mystery connector, located behind driver's seat, coming from the console tunnel.

I'm not sure if it is a dataport meant to stay disconnected, or ???

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance,

Attachments

• Ford GT interior plug.JPG
    Ford GT interior plug.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 414
Last edited:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Looks like the seat belt warning switch.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Looks like the seat belt warning switch.

Ditto. Look at the seatbelt receptacle, you'll see it plugs in there.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
That is the connector for the airbag deploy. Don't screw with it too much or you'll be sorry. There is a fuse you can pull to keep it from deploying. Check the Service Manual.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Wow. My bad.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Seatbelt plug-in connector. NO relation to airbag function? Airbag wiring always contained in yellow sheathing.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Correct, it has nothing to do with your airbag.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
That is the connector for the airbag deploy. Don't screw with it too much or you'll be sorry. There is a fuse you can pull to keep it from deploying. Check the Service Manual.

Don't mind Frank, He tries to be helpful but he's never turned a wrench on the GT.. The only air bag is him,,,... and it happens to be hot air !!!

AHudson

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2009
Alabama
Ha! Alrighty then. I get educated, and a laugh too. Thanks guys. I was concerned that I'd missed something under the tunnel or firewall. Since my seat is still out of the car, I guess I'll find the spot for the connector.

On a side note, the cleaning was a fun exercise. Polished up the carbon fiber, and the console, seriously scrubbed the floors, mats. Got new Lloyd mats, cleaned up the pedal box, all that stuff you can't really do with the bits in the car. Thanks again folks.

--
UPDATE: Just confirming that was indeed the seat plug. And I got my seats back in (put in a 3/4" aluminum riser bar so a short guy can see out the windshield!) plus got pedals 3/4" closer (spacer block, remounted). All's well. I can see! Feels less like I'm in a really fast submarine now.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
However, when you plug it in again, you may get an airbag warning light on the panel next time you start the car. Shut down and restart, it should go out.

AHudson

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2009
Alabama
However, when you plug it in again, you may get an airbag warning light on the panel next time you start the car. Shut down and restart, it should go out.

Thanks. No light came on. It was just so great to get back in the car after 2 weeks of no interior. Really like the 'new' seating position and carpet mats. Plus, I found a quarter, so feeling doubly rewarded!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I suggest you read page 501-10-1 of the Service Manual concerning the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS).

Hi:

I'm short, too. I've been thinking about raising the seat instead of sitting on a cushion. Do you have a photo of the bar you used? If not, can you describe it?

Also: how did you move the pedals closer? Where did the spacer go, and what does it look like?

Thanks!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I'll jump in with an alternate method of raising the seat. I epoxied stacks of fender washers and used longer grade 8 hex head bolts. I wrapped the washer stacks with black tape and they are virtually invisible. I raised the front about 3/4" and the rear about 1 1/4". You're limited by the seat top hitting the roof when you slide the seat back. Makes a big difference in visibility. Before somebody says this method may weaken the seat in a crash, I will concede that point and accept the risk. :)