What I did on Cinco de Mayo

campgreenlake

GT Owner
Sep 10, 2007
Florida
As most every one knows, Cinco de Mayo is a big holiday in Mexico. It also happens to be my birthday. Sooooo...I rolled my FGT out of the garage, put my daughter in the passenger seat and drove down to The Breakers in Palm Beach for lunch. You should have seen the valets scramble to see who would get to park it and the big show when they retreived it. The car is certainly a head turner and a crowd pleaser. Came back home via I-95 and topped out at my age, 82 MPH. Can't wait until next year when I can go one MPH faster. RB

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Nice story - just please don't let a valet drive it. A few 3rd gear starts and your clutch is in trouble.

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
:eek You let a valet park/retrieve it????????????!!! :eek

May I humbly suggest that you TIP valets handsomely to watch the car and park/retrieve it yourself?

'Too many horror stories abound regarding the actions of valets...especially when high end cars are involved. :facepalm:

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
:eek You let a valet park/retrieve it????????????!!! :eek

May I humbly suggest that you TIP valets handsomely to watch the car and park/retrieve it yourself?

'Too many horror stories abound regarding the actions of valets...especially when high end cars are involved. :facepalm:

I tend to overtip valets so I can self park in front where they can watch it, yet I can still keep the keys.

campgreenlake

GT Owner
Sep 10, 2007
Florida
Don't worry guys. I just didn't ride into town. I schmoozed my guy and tipped him liberally. He parked the car right up about 35 ft from the main entrance so it was never really out of sight. RB

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Hey RB. Happy Birthday first off. Second! I am celebrating with you virtually! Tequila shots all around for my men and horses!

campgreenlake

GT Owner
Sep 10, 2007
Florida
Tequila, perfect. Very Mexican. Pour one for me. I have the perfect salt nich next to my thumb on the top of my left hand. Then we wash it all down with a cold Dos Equis. Salud! RB