What do you call a Ford GT built on July 17, of 2005 or 2006?

Pipelion

Answer tomorrow about this time.

(hint) These very select autos will be rare and funny. :biggrin

Guess all you want, and post below.

Allan

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
The one you are going to buy and give to me? :banana :banana

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Pipelion said:
Answer tomorrow about this time.

(hint) These very select autos will be rare and funny. :biggrin

Guess all you want, and post below.

Allan
Allan,
you are really something else ! :biggrin

sometimes i wonder if you grow mushrooms or what.. :eek

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
lol, the Mickey Mouse edition GT...

Pipelion

Stepan,

Sorry, but back in Aspen I did know guys that grew them, in big jars. They did it for purly scientific reasons and never ingested them, honest. :biggrin PS Careful, don't slander the Native Americans, they like mushrooms.

Centerpunch,

Wow you are good see, I mean really good kid, but as long as I'm in town, you're second best, see.(Edward G. Robinson type answer to Steve McQueen in the 'Cinncinati Kid').

Seriously, you have found a factual and funny answer, as good as I'd expect. But who would want to hear, "hey, real cool car,,, and man is that thing ever,,,"Micky Mouse"?

Paul, you are funny :willy :rofl , My answer isn't as funny as yours. Well done!

People,

I can't tell yet. Boys in Hawaii are just paddling in from the AM surf.

...............But here's a hint. A little more Hollywood than .............Centerpunch's answer and dead on appropriate.

Until tonight,

Allan

Pipelion

AZGT,

You already have a GT!!!!!!

But two is twice!

Allan

Twice pipes, low to the ground, candy apple red, whoa she was clean man. :cheers

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
July 17 events in history

I could come up w/a few interesting ideas from these events... hmmm...

www.brainyhistory.com/days/july_17

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
7/17/1935 "Sticks Nix Hick Pix" - probably not the best choice for a GT name, but I couldn't resist. :biggrin try saying that 10 times fast!

Pipelion

Piccola,

Answer/guess number 1 right on. but connection not on list!!!10 points for great guess. Charlie Chan say, "most honorable attempt".

What the hell is stix nicks and pics???????? That's even worse than "Mickey Mouse GT", sorry 10 point deduction. :biggrin

Allan

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Pipelion said:
Piccola,

What the hell is stix nicks and pics???????? That's even worse than "Mickey Mouse GT", sorry 10 point deduction. :biggrin

Allan

Allen, you said it had to do w/Hollywood. "Sticks Nix Hick Pix", found in Variety newspaper on July 17, was voted the most famous headline. (Variety is a big shobiz "Hollywood type" newspaper, though there was obviously no connection to the Ford GT...) Deduct 10 points if you like, but I still thought it was a funny name :rofl

Mary Jo

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
I'd like to buy a vowel

Anything to do with Leno?

Pipelion

Piccola,

I'm well aware of 'Variety', but you got me on the "Sticks" deal. I should have been more intune, sorry.

Allan

10 points rerewarded to Piccola. 1 point deduction for mispelling "Allen" with an e. :biggrin

Piccola has 9 points.

PS As Allan misspelled misspelling. 1 point deduction reversed.

Piccola has 10 points.

Last edited:

Hugh

Mar 27, 2006
The Widowmaker

Pipelion

K-P Close but no.

White Petunia, The date is the point of reference, straight up, no hidden meanings.

Allan

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
Piccola just handed me this

If this is correct, I will steal the credit, if not, then it is because piccola just handed me this: "July 17,2002--Salenn, Inc is immensly pleased and proud to have benn selected by Ford as one of the key suppliers to the re-creation of one of the great cars of all time, the production version of the GT40 concept vehicle.............. :confused

Pipelion

White Petuna,

100 points for showing how ill prepaired the question was. Unless they were building GTs on Sunday, 2005. But I did say they would be "rare".

Allan

Pipelion

Sorry K-P,

Allan

Pipelion

Hint:

Bob Falfa

Google ain't fair with tips. :thumbsdow

Allan

Pipelion

OK I'm an IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HUGH WON, at 1:37 PM today.

He is hereby awarded 175,000 forum points. :banana :banana :cheers

Allan

Pipelion

The answer is a;

.............. Harrison Ford GT ................................

Now what does July 17, have to do with Harrison Ford? How did Hugh win, dispite my ignorance? Hugh has a nose for the Ford GT.

I ment to and thought I posted July 13, not July 17. July 13 is Harrison's birthday.

Long ago I thought calling a Ford a 'Harrison Ford', would be a funny model designation. A Harrison Ford GT, even better, especially built on his birthday.

When Hugh posted the "Widowmaker", I assumed he ment
Harrison Ford and PMed him he'd won. I thought he was being subtle and wanted to see who would get 2nd place.

So I guess any Ford GT built on July 17 could be called the,
Widowmaker. I wouldn't take it to Russia though. And I guess it's a little late for what do you call a Ford GT built on July 13, 2005 or 2006.

So I'm MIcky MOuse, :slap, sorry,

Allan

eating crow...eating crow...eating crow :ack