What branch of the Armed Forces did you serve in?

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

On this Veterans Day I would like to recognize all members of this Forum who served in any capacity at any time in our Armed Forces. I know we have quite a few members who are veterans and on this day, we would like to know who you are. Please post up, don't be shy, and let us know what branch of our armed forces you served in and when.

God bless you all and Happy Veterans Day.

Chip

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Thanks.....US Navy. Navy Hospital Oakland 1982. USS Carl Vinson, CVN 70, 83-85. Reserves after that. Navy Dentist.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
1ST Lt & Gunnery officer on a 1040 class DE. 'Ran gunfire support for the 101st around the DMZ, 'Nam. 1966-1969. ('Out in 1970.)

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I was commissioned as an officer of Marines in 1993. I am currently stationed at Camp Lejeune, NC. :usa

Semper Fi,
Waldo

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Chip - Thank You.:usa

Sr. Enlisted Personnel Records Clerk, Chief of Special Records Center, Spec 6, Support Command, Cam Rahn Bay, Vietnam, 1967-1968.

Front row to see Bob Hope (twice) and Premier Opening night showing of John Wayne in the movie "The Green Berets".

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA
Jeff must have dug out his ol' DD 214 to recall that much. The only time I saw Bob Hope was at a girlfriends College graduation ceremony up in N.H. way back in? That being said, NAVY, Aviation Fire Control, AIMD, IM3, W/C 650, CVA 59, USS Forrestal.

Pete S.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Opening night showing of John Wayne in the movie "The Green Berets".

Wow, in Nam? That must have pretty cool! And surreal at the same time.

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
I know there is a rumor circulating about me serving in the Spanish-American War but it is somewhat exaggerated. Actually, I was a weekend warrior, belonging to the California Army National Guard and The California Air National Guard for a total of six years. The closest I ever came to combat was fighting weekend traffic in and out of Los Angeles.

My hat is off to those who have served and are serving on active duty.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
I know there is a rumor circulating about me serving in the Spanish-American War but it is somewhat exaggerated. Actually, I was a weekend warrior, belonging to the California Army National Guard and The California Air National Guard for a total of six years. The closest I ever came to combat was fighting weekend traffic in and out of Los Angeles.

My hat is off to those who have served and are serving on active duty.

Actually, I had heard that EP did his gun training on the Maine in Havana harbor but have never been able to confirm it.

Marines, 1983-1989~1991 8651 (among others), went bump in the night a lot. It is better to give than to receive ..... fire that is. :lol

Semper Fi

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
proudly US Army 67-70
thx for the recognition !

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Actually, I had heard that EP did his gun training on the Maine in Havana harbor but have never been able to confirm it.

:skep Nor WILL YOU be able to do so. :slap

It actually transpired in Dam Neck, Va, and aboard a DE off the coast of a small island in Hawaii that the USN uses as a naval gun range. But, I can certainly understand how a delusional soul like yourself formed an erroneous opinion of such grand proportions. :tap:

(...I hope yew CHOKE on yer next Bananas Foster.:lol)

Last edited:

usmcrebel

Aug 31, 2009
0331 Machine Gunner USMC

Semper Fi

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Sorry, 1A, never got drafted, lottery #139. Father and four uncles all Army WWII vets.

H

HHGT

I would never compare myself to the awesome responsibility of a soldier, however, I have proudly served (note: did not say served in) all branches of the Armed Forces and a handful of three and four letter agencies in one form or another as a civil servant, consultant or contractor.

God Bless all those who have served, are in service now and those that have paid the ultimate price.:usa

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
:agree: What he said.

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
US Navy active duty 74 to 80 then Navy Reserve 80 to present. Served aboard the aircraft carriers Enterprise and Ranger. Spent most of the last 20 years in the reserves as a Naval Officer working with the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and the Trident Submarine Base at Bangor Washington - just got back from a 3 week "vacation" in Diego Garcia. Still doing it! Ed

As a side note - to anyone who watched the new Transformers movie and saw the base in Diego Garcia - that is NOT Diego Garcia!

Last edited:

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Army 71-73 Captain in Reserves.

JCE-GT

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2006
Mission Viejo, CA
US Army Active Duty 1969-1971, US Army Reserve 1971-1974

ATM empty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Southern California
US Army Active Duty 1968 - OH23 & OH58 flight hours in Vietnam, FT Rucker Instrument Flight instructor, Silver Eagles - 1973, US Army Reserve Los Alamitos CA 1975-1979 - Thanks for asking Chip and my thanks to all those who have served

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I never served. Dad was a WWII B-24 Pilot...
But my heartfelt thanks and that of my family to all of you that do serve ...or have served....

I have an American Flag flying 24 hrs /day at both my home in Michigan and Farm in Pennsylvania ''in thanks''...
Happy Veterans Day.
AJB