H

HHGT

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Seventeen years ago, I was looking all over God's creation for a Rambler 2dr wagon like that. 'Wanted to put a 'huffed' 383 SBC, 5-spd Richmond & 9" in it.

'Never could find one that was worth messin' with. So, I bagged that idea and built a '62 Biscayne instead (since I already HAD 2 of them "in hand"!) and I put an LS6 and the afore mentioned Richmond 5-spd & 9" in IT! :biggrin

But, every now & then I STILL think about building that darned Rambler!

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
I don't know about 500k but I watched a whole show about that car and they probably spent that much or more creating that car and it really is unbelievable. I am not a rambler fan but the car is amazing!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...not a rambler fan but the car is amazing!

and UGLY.

(Just my humble opinion - Beauty is determined from the eye of the beholder.)

Last edited:

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
But, every now & then I STILL think about building that darned Rambler!

Well, if you've got eleven grand.............

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AMC-...oryZ5357QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

0f16_12.JPG

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I think it is a perfect example of world class craftsmanship. I am 100% confident it costs much more to develop.

I agree this isw an auction car for Russo or B-J.

I also fondly recall Bill Harrah's. Jeep Wagoneer with a 12cyl Red Head F motor. Sadly this machine has traded hands many times and fallen in disrepair.

My mom had a 54 Studebaker Commander and I am looking for a Pro Street version.... Someday :)

That Rambler that C-Punch found on ebay is very neat... I like it!

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

"...so I would never honk at a fellow driver as it would be considered to be rude...seriously." Uh huh. Well, Pockets considers it NECESSARY on occasion. After all, SUMBUDDY has to wake people outta their comas once in a while...$180 fine or NO $180 fine. (That's the fine you actually PAY here in Washington for honking your horn in a non emergency! First Amendment be darned, evidently...)

$5K MIGHT be reasonable depending on how much rust one CAN'T see, but $11K is outta the question IMO.

What I've tried to find in the past is one that doesn't run ...mebbe even MISSING the engine and or tranny! All that stuff would just go bye-bye anyway.

But, THANK YOU for the "heads up", 'punch! :thumbsup:cheers

rgates

GT Owner
Jul 1, 2006
They are also building a 1939 ford gt, link below:

http://www.diversstreetrods.com/39gt/index.php?pagenum=4