What a Journey........

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
You seem to need "excuses" to drive your GT.

Put the car seat in yet? Need to see the photo's.

Not really. What I need is time and a babysitter. Full time job, 2 small children, and frazzled wife at home leaves little 'me' time:(
Car seat not in the GT yet:)

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Not really. What I need is time and a babysitter. Full time job, 2 small children, and frazzled wife at home leaves little 'me' time:(
Car seat not in the GT yet:)[/QUOTE

I know (remember) the feeling. Time is to me the most important commodity. They just don't make more of it.

Just kidding you on the other stuff.

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Thank your for the advice. I have contemplated other brands based on many of the comments here. Not sure which direction I will go as I surely don't plan on driving that fast. Good food for thought though.
Dear B. West,

does you new dream car has the standard Goodyears ? Because you write, that you are going to purchase new ones, i do recommend strongly, do not use the Goodyearsanymore, because my very dangerous experiance i had, goes as:

Driving one of my cars, before i knew the GT is gonna be built, a Ferrari 355 GTB, with the same Goodyeartype as factory fitted tyre, i was driving 150 miles per hour on a german Interstate (Autobahn) when without warning the front left blew. At 3450 miles since new, the swiss guys at Goodyear Switzerland said, it is surely my fault.
I have then, as a consequence, written letters to Ferrari Ltd. in Switzerland and in Italy, stating what happened to me, and as a consequence of that only Michelin, Bridgestone and Pirelli remained as factoryfitted tyres since then, i could see that by myself, when i did buy a second 355 GTB F1 three years later, a F 575M F1 another 4 years later and two F 430 GTB F1 in 2005 and 2006.
with lots of F GT greetings
FelixIbizaSwitzerland

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
I did have that one on the list but recent posts on the short throw vs. standard have shifted my thoughts. I will still get it to have and try some day but I think I want to try the factory shifter to start.
Congratulations and welcome. Your story of perserverence until you achieved your goal are as American as YOUR FGT.

I notced one item not included in your list of mods and improvements that I recommend highly from presonal experience. Purchase a FRP SHORT THROW SHIFTER. IMO, it's the best mod you can make and a feature you will enjoy every time you drive YOUR car.

Best of luck ...

usmcfred

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Instead of replying to each individual comment, I wanted to thank you all for welcoming me to the forum as an "owner" and I look forward to your guidance and shared experiences as owners of one of the most iconic cars ever built. It is indeed my pleasure to join the ranks of such fine gentlemen (and ladies) as yourselves. I am truly blessed to have this opportunity to own a FGT. As GT 35065 and Vince H stated, persistence, and perseverance definitely pay off and the reward is that much sweeter. Thanks again and I look forward to meeting you all in the very near future.

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
I was mistaken. The last 4 of my VIN are: 1474. My actual build number is 1454. I didn't find this out until I ordered my GT certificate package yesterday. Checking things off my to do list.....windows tinted, GT certificate pig ordered, and hot buttons ordered (should arrive early next week) yesterday. Will post some photos this weekend.

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Awesome story. Welcome aboard!

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
My GT (1).JPGMy GT (3).JPGMy GT (4).JPGMy GT (6).JPGMy GT (7).JPG

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Photos of my GT. She's a beauty....

My GT (8).JPGMy GT (9).JPGMy GT (10).JPGMy GT (12).JPGMy GT (11).JPG

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
A proud new owner! Nice pics, thanks for sharing. Brings back memories of when mine arrived at my house and I couldn't wait for the driver to open the door to the truck. Still savor those moments, crawling in the truck and carefully backing mine out.

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
It's such an amazing feeling to own a GT. It still doesn't feel real.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
It's such an amazing feeling to own a GT. It still doesn't feel real.

^ I've had mine for nearly 8 years and still feel the same way. It doesn't get any better than the GT for us Ford guys.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...It doesn't get any better than the GT for us Ford guys.

...or for the odd (BAD choice of words!) Chevy guy.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I think that was a very good choice of words EP. lol

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Nobuddy ASKED yuh!

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Congratulation on (finally) getting the car of your dreams. Cool story.

mrscape

GT Owner
Nov 14, 2011
san diego
Congratulations! I am 90 min. away drive down south I 5 sometime.

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Congratulation on (finally) getting the car of your dreams. Cool story.
thank you. Love the emphasis on finally. So true

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Congratulations! I am 90 min. away drive down south I 5 sometime.
Just might do. That. Let me know if you are ever up this way.