What a day!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Guy drives his P1 to pick up his LaFerrari, then takes both of those to pick up his 918. Livin right!

[video=youtube;-s7UiQ3sOwI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s7UiQ3sOwI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
I have no idea who he is but I hate him. :lol Living right for sure.

Vince H

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
*That* was a pretty good day...

GHD.jpg

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
I don't know who he is but unlike so many people in the world rather than being jealous or mad at him I'm happy for him. Cheers!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Beautiful, wonderful cars! Yet, I'm just as happy to be the proud owner of my Ford GT!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
918 tach broken on day 1? What's going on here? He'd been driving it quite a while. Still electric only?

Capture.jpg

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
With all due respect, £920 for the painted key fobs? After I just dropped £750,000 on the car? I think I'd've told hem to $&@£ off.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014

Last edited:

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
So the misses drives the P1 in high heels, and he just dropped few millions on 3 cars, when I grow up I want to be bald just like him :biggrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFN_tBT-xZE

mopar

GT Owner
Jan 23, 2014
grosse ile mich
life is good

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
OK, so this begs the question; what does one have to be worth to buy a million dollar car (let alone three-one million dollar cars)? I'm not asking this as some egalitarian, nor am I envious of the fellow who just popped for the 3 most incredible cars currently available. God bless him if he can swing it (as long as he's not some @$$ hat shoving it everyone's face that he has the cars and no one else does!). My question is, at what level of net worth does one feel comfortable enough to spring for a million dollar car?
In my neck of the woods, at least until the credit meltdown, it was not uncommon for a large percentage of the homes to be easily north of $1 million (not so much now!). But ponying up $1million for the place you live in vs $1million for a car you may or may not drive, well, that's another matter.
I suspect most FGT buyers were eminently capable of buying their GT in cash many times over. That being said, at what price does even the relatively affluent car aficionado say "that's too expensive!"?
Not judging, just wondering.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
He sold his business for £28 million.

I guess one metric is if you are spending all you can on hookers and blow, and still aren't making a big dent in the bottom line, then go for it.

Last edited:

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Good for Mr. & mrs. Bailey. Enjoy them in good health.

And the 918 is going to be a daily driver..I can identify with that.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Very cool for one household to have all 3. Cant be more than a few people in the world that have all 3... I however didn't make it through the whole 18 minutes.....

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
"I guess one metric is if you are spending all you can on hookers and blow, and still aren't making a big dent in the bottom line, then go for it. "

Xcentric, that made me laugh out loud!

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Here is a link to article in Daily Mail about him and his purchase.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...on-world-3million-Holy-Trinity-hypercars.html

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Beautiful, wonderful cars! Yet, I'm just as happy to be the proud owner of my Ford GT!
Im with you Ralph !

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
26 million pounds, and that before taxes, is not so much money that one should buy three of these. I'd think he has a lot more dough than that, it'd be pretty embarrassing to have to borrow money when you have all these. But to each his own. Btw, bald heads are great but this guy looks a lot like Humpty Dumpty. Just sayin

There was a quote credited to WC Fields. Half my fortune I spent on wild women and booze. The other half I wasted.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Next big investment : nose job.

I know, that was uncalled for. Jealousy is ugly.

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Even if you have to borrow the money, if you can buy a LaFerrari at MSRP you have to buy it. About as fool proof of an investment as you could ever make. Trades at 2x MSRP right off the bat and there are surely 3x the legitimate buyers as there are units.