ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

I've had a few calls from members who wanted to know if I would organize a drive and evening dinners to Rally 7 in New Orleans for participants who are either driving or trailering from the West. Here ya go. This should be a lot more fun than just motoring on your own. Join us at any point along the route that suits you.

Sunday, October 7, Show up in Scottsdale Arizona, Hotel-Marriott Suites Scottsdale Old Town-(480) 945-1550 - dinner at 7:00pm at Don & Charlie's (480) 990-0900

Monday, October 8, Depart the Marriott at 7:00am (early departure as we lose 2 hours and dinner is at 8:00pm) and drive via Interstate 10 to Fort Stockton (a little over 10 hours driving, 685 miles) and check into the Hampton Inn (432) 336-9600. Dinner at Johnny Chihuahua's at 8:00pm in Fort Stockton.

Tuesday, October 9, Depart the Hampton Inn at 8:00am and drive via I-10 still to Lake Charles, LA (10 hours driving and 650 miles). Check into the Holiday Inn Express (337) 491-6600 and dinner is at 7:30 at Pat's of Henderson (337) 439-6618

Wednesday, October 10, Depart the Holiday Inn Express at 9:00am and drive to the Hyatt Regency (Rally 7 headquarters) in New Orleans. (3 hours 30 minutes and 210 miles)

If you have any questions you can call my cell at (602) 430-4877. I will be trailering #34 and the last time we did this there were a few driving their GTs that were moving faster and a few of us pulling our cars that were a bit slower.

If you would like to join this caravan please post up here. Call the hotels and make your own arrangements, they all have special AAA rates. See you soon.

Chip

Here is the initial list of participants and I will update it as necessary.

1. Chip Beck
2. HiloDave
3. AMB
4. Flagstaff GT
5. Magic
6. Mike Mosing

Last edited:

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
Thanks, Chip. I'm really looking forward to it.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Cool, our numbers have doubled!! :biggrin

Chip

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
Count me in too!!!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Tripled!!!! Our last R2R to the Texas Rally was a blast. I will be pulling a trailer and can carry luggage to make your drive more comfortable if you're driving your GT. Join us!

Chip

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
I'm pretty sure that FlagstaffGT will sign up, too. That would make it a quadruple. I was expecting more Arizonans but the thread hasn't been up for long.

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Hey, cell phone coverage on Lake Powell sucks. Just got back. I'd be happy to join the group Monday morning Oct. 8 leaving the Mariott (not knowing yet whether I'll be leaving Flagstaff earlier or visiting kids in Phx).
Barry.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 and counting.

I'm pretty sure that FlagstaffGT will sign up, too. That would make it a quadruple. I was expecting more Arizonans but the thread hasn't been up for long.

Cool, that's 4 and counting. I'm leaving in 5 minutes to drive to Fresno, CA to pick up my GT. Some new prototype parts are installed that will be made available to other members soon. :secret: While hot and on a less than optimum day, #34 put 1161 rear wheel horsepower down at 6400 RPM on the Dynojet at the Whipple supercharger factory in Fresno. :banana

See you soon.

Chip

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Since your traveling right through Houston do you mind if I tag along? I just got a new Trailex trailer and this will be my first time towing it with my GT inside. Might be nice to have company on my first towing experince.

I could meet up with the group on the 9th somewhere on the east side of Houston on I-10 around the Baytown area. There is a Flying J/Pilot travel plaza #725 located at I-10 E and Thompson Rd which might be a convinent meeting spot. I'm located about 30 miles to the north of Houston.

Let me know if that will work with the group's plan.

Magic

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
Let me know if that will work with the group's plan.
Hey Gary,

I, for one, think it would be great to have you with us as long as we don't have to go to Indonesia to pick you up. I'm sure the rest will agree.

I'll PM you our cell numbers.

Dave

Last edited:

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Hey Dave,

Well my Indonesian days are over. Now permanetly back in the States and living north of Houston. Will be my first rally where I don't have to spend 30+ hours flying to attend nor having to pay a shipper to deliver my car.

Looking forward to seeing all the GT "gang" again (yes even Dr. Frank)!

Hey Gary,

I, for one, think it would be great to have you with us as long as we don't have to go to Indonesia to pick you up. I'm sure the rest will agree.

I'll PM you our cell numbers.

Dave

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
having to pay a shipper to deliver my car....

Was that "shipper" or "stripper?"

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Wife was with me for the last two rallys so no stripper! Did live in NO for 8 years when I first started working. Fun town is all I can say!

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Hey Chip. I am going to join in at the Lafayette exit/entrance and planning on driving my car to the event. Thanks for organizing and looking forward to my first rally.

Mike

Last edited:

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
Hey Chip. I am going to join in at the Lafayette exit/entrance and planning on driving my car to the event. Thanks for organizing and looking forward to my first rally.

Hey Mike,

Glad to have you along. I'm sending you an e-mail with our cell numbers.

Aloha,

Dave

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Mike & Magic,

No problem. We'll work out a place to hook up and we welcome you in the GT convoy. We have a nice dinner planned in Lake Charles on Tuesday the 9th. That will leave a 3 and a half hour drive to N.O. for a 2PM check in on Wednesday. This is gonna be great.

Chip

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Mike, please double-check waht Hilo sends you. You might end up with numbers from exterminators and Larry Flint.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Mike, please double-check waht Hilo sends you. You might end up with numbers from exterminators and Larry Flint.

and Frank's favorite The Pink Pussy Cat

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
and Frank's favorite The Pink Pussy Cat

View attachment 26239

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Dave, got the numbers. Louisiana Ave would be the best spot for me to join in. I will plan on keeping touch cell wise and just join in so yall dont have to pull off I-10 after a little over an hour drive. I'll hide on the side. No one will notice. :)