Went shopping today

gascap

Jun 7, 2006
New York City area
There are more than 8 cars I know of or have seen, either new or very low miles, in showrooms near NYC. I've now seen all colors and am homing in on red -- most dramatic to my eyes -- and white -- most classic. All are great though.

Does anyone have an instinct about the price reduction one should expect to get for a new, untitled '05 versus an '06? Also have there been any hidden changes/updates between those model years? Nothing obvious, I know.

Sorry to pester with questions but I'm seriously working on joining the club.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
An early 05 will have a MSRP that is $10,000.00 less than the later 05 and the 06.

No significant changes - only minor stuff. Early 05's had a couple of recalls / repairs (like the a-arms), but all should have been done and no big deal.

In terms of a price reduction between the 05 and 06? Don't hold your breath. :biggrin

Right now it may matter to you if you own an 05 or 06, but since they are the same car in several years it probably won't matter at all.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
AZGT said:
An early 05 will have a MSRP that is $10,000.00 less than the later 05 and the 06.

No significant changes - only minor stuff. Early 05's had a couple of recalls / repairs (like the a-arms), but all should have been done and no big deal.

In terms of a price reduction between the 05 and 06? Don't hold your breath. :biggrin

Right now it may matter to you if you own an 05 or 06, but since they are the same car in several years it probably won't matter at all.

The rear main seal band aid would bother me. The proper fix would have been a new crank. I think there is a window of non recall cars prior to the price increase.