well water stains???

Omega_man

GT Owner 2005 #248
Mar 19, 2007
S. Florida
Need some help. I had my GT in the local dealer in Sunrise for warranty work. Oil pressure gauge stopped working. Apparently the dealer left the car near where the sprinklers would wash the back of my car for me. It now has extensive "well water" (possibly considered hard water) stains. I washed it & then used the Meguiars detailer spray. It is almost gone, but if I wet the area, it shows up again...rings around the stained areas.

What is recommend to get this off. I'm in south Florida so the stains have iron in them. Well water turns side walks & houses orange after some time.

Thx for any help!!!!

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
My front end got nabbed by sprinklers in Phoenix. Two washes with Dawn dishwashing detergent (which will strip the wax off-assuming it was waxed) and then rewax it. Zaino (internet mail order) makes a clay bar which should work. I'm midnight blue so those hard water spots really showed.

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
My front end got nabbed by sprinklers in Phoenix. Two washes with Dawn dishwashing detergent (which will strip the wax off-assuming it was waxed) and then rewax it. Zaino (internet mail order) makes a clay bar which should work. I'm midnight blue so those hard water spots really showed.
Do a Dawn-Wash, and try a vinegar/water mix (4:10 Vinegar/Water) on the water spots. A spray bottle is preferred and most hardware stores have them. If that doesn't work then the spots may have already etched into your clear coat, and some polishing is in order.

For convenience, you can go to your local parts store and get the Meguiar's three-stage system (Cleaning, Polishing, Carnauba) and some foam hand-polishing pads and give that a shot. It may take a couple of tries with the Polishing stage, but that should work for you. If you need to step it up, grab some Meguiar's #2 Mirror Glaze Fine Cut Cleaner and apply by hand in small sections at a time, without applying a lot of pressure on the pad.

Buff off with a microfiber towel, preferably one with at least 20/25% polyamide. It will say on the tag for you.

If you were planning to place an internet order as FlagStaffGT suggested, you may want to look into Sonus Paintwork Cleanser. Zaino has an abrasive product named Z-PC, but the Sonus Paintwork Cleanser is less abrasive and I always prefer to use the least abrasive product first.

That should take care of the nastiest water spots :thumbsup