Well Folks, I Finally Sold The "Sign Off Car" The PB2-1!!!

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
After eight years of owning a piece of history, I thought it was time to pass her on to the next keeper of history. Although it was an honor to have her these last eight years, it was difficult to have it sit in my garage as a big paperweight. I hope the new owner will display her for the public to enjoy or take her to shows. Since she wasn't street legal, I only trailered her a few times to show her off.

The good news is that through the sale of the PB2-1 (and a 1031 exchange) I was able to purchase four amazing (drivable) cars that now grace my garage.

The new owner has taken the PB2-1 to Monterey this week to sell at auction. I hope he makes plenty of money and that the new owner will care for her as I did. More importantly, I hope she ends up where she can be shared and enjoyed as a part of an amazing history of an amazing car!

Last edited:

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Congrats ... hope you do not regret. Why not put it up for auction yourself? What cars did you get?
:cheers
Anders

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
Thanks Anders! I won't regret it. She wasn't drivable and I did enjoy her for 8 years. I didn't have the guts to auction her myself. It takes a sophisticated buyer to understand what that car is. It looks and feels like the street version. So, I now get to enjoy several cars I can drive. Here is what I purchased:

1967 Shelby GT500
1963 Split Window Fulie
1964 Austin Healey 3000 MKIII
2015 Maserati GT MC Convertible Centennial