ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

For those members who attended our Arizona Rally to the Rally this year, you had the opportunity to meet Arizona's largest, and most notorious, Harley-Davidson dealer. Mr. Buddy Stubbs used to be a factory rider/racer for the Harley-Davidson Motor Company and has competed in events all over the country including the Daytona 200. Buddy's father was a Harley-Davidson dealer back in Illinois. Buddy moved to Arizona back in the 1960s and opened a Harley-Davidson dealership on McDowell Road not too far from my father's Pontiac/GMC truck dealership.

Buddy has the finest private collection of vintage motorcycles in the Western United States and he was kind enough to give the Ford GT owners a guided tour of his museum during our Scottsdale event. At the end of the tour FlorIdaho Chris allowed Buddy to take his Ford GT out for a drive and Buddy accompanied our group to dinner that evening.

He apparently enjoyed the automobile and the owner group as today Mr. Buddy Stubbs purchased a solid black, no stripe, 3000 mile Ford GT from Shelby who will ship it to Arizona in the next couple of days.

I want to be the first to welcome Buddy Stubbs to the Ford GT Forum. I know he'll enjoy it here. Congratulations and all the best. :cheers

Chip

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Please extend my congratulations to him and thank him for his hospitality. Welcome aboard.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
extend my congrats, and like to say the man has good taste in cars(obviously) and in color.:biggrin

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Chip, I want to say THANK YOU to you and Buddy. It was my privledge to be able to help Mr Stubbs get the car he was looking for. His new gal is at our shop finishing up our normal inspection process. She has turned out to be one of the best examples we have had come through here. He will be very pleased with this one. This car has several important signatures and a few very tasteful mods. I am very thankful I could be part of this. :thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Great news! Welcome.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Well he DID have a big grin on his face when he drove my GT. Great guy, glad he joined the fold. :thumbsup

Last edited:

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Being a huge Harley fan, I was even more bummed I had to miss Buddy's event than the GT get together at Chip's place! Harleys and a GT make a GREAT combo! :thumbsup I'm looking forward to meeting Buddy at future events.

Welcome and congratulations!!!! :cheers

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande
As a very proud owner of a car similar to the one purchased by Buddy from Shelby at Elite, I sure can join the rest of this group in welcoming Buddy aboard!
Clearly a man of superb taste, Buddy has wisely chosen the correct color/stripe delete!
Good luck with the car and drive safe...preserve that beauty!

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
How many people are out there happily motoring through life thinking...hmmmm....I might like to get a Ford GT some day. Then said person gets the rare opportunity to drive said car, then they go from I would like to have to I gotta have!!! :lol

Congrats to you Mr. Stubbs. Prepare for a new level in car ecstasy. :cheers

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Congratulations to Buddy on the purchase of his Ford GT, and welcome aboard.

:cheers

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Welcome to the family Buddy !!

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'm glad to see another Harley dealer join the fold. I had the pleasure of chatting with Buddy after the tour of his museum. He'll make a great addition to the family.:thumbsup

His only problem now is that his bikes will get ridden a lot less.:lol

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Buddy Stubbs=a great and welcome addition to the Arizona GT owners.:thumbsup

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Mr. Stubbs...welcome to the fold. When you take her out, you will be amazed by the thumbs up and positive reactions from so many, and in particular from the bikers. If they only knew who was driving.
Thanks so much for the tour, glad you could make the dinner.!

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Congratulations Buddy and welcome to the forum! :thumbsup

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Being a huge Harley fan, I was even more bummed I had to miss Buddy's event than the GT get together at Chip's place! Harleys and a GT make a GREAT combo! :thumbsup I'm looking forward to meeting Buddy at future events.

Welcome and congratulations!!!! :cheers

I agree my Silver & black 03 HD looks good next to the Black & Silver GT:biggrin

Hey Buddy welcome to the land of sex and speed on 4 wheels

Last edited:

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
I bought my first Harley from Buddy. Still have it. My friends who had been on bikes in the Phoenix area since they were kids told me the only place to buy a Harley was from Buddy! Thrilled to have you on board!

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Welcome and the FGT in Black or BLK/ Silver is the HOTTEST color out there!

Better than RED! :thumbsup as proven by Buddy's taste Franky!

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
It's great to have another GT in Arizona! And Buddy Stubbs is a great addition to the group.

Does anyone know what the total count of Ford GT's are in Arizona? There certainly seems to be plenty of them around here.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
The registry shows about 32, but I think there are more. In some states you can check with DMV. Maybe CobraJeff has a better idea?