wax

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Ok, What do you use for wax/ polishing /paint care?
I use to think that I new what I was doing ,but now only feel really confused after reading the thread about the wax guru testing.MY concours Porsche gal never heard of Zainos!
what products ? cotton towels or artificial, chamois,
Is there anyone who really knows the answer to the mystery??
My only concern is being faithful to my gals exterior!!!
Do I need counseling???

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Do I need counseling???

YES!!!!!!!:rofl

You'll pbly get 30 different recommendations regarding all that stuff, r-man.

IMHO, "clear" is "clear". So, whatever you've been happy with using in the past to wax that should work just fine on your GT.

But, definately use cotton cloths (baby diapers work great).

Last edited:

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Zaino - (ZFX/ Z2/ Z5/ Z6/ Z18 and ZCS), microfiber or cotton.....

Black car - PIA to keep "clear":biggrin

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Honda spray detail wax + microfiber towel equals easy/great looking finish with no swirl marks or wax buildup.

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
Microfiber only. Meguiars NXT Tech Wax. For a quick cleaning and shine
( only when your car is clean ) use Meguiars detailer - spray on and wipe off for a finish as clean as if she was just waxed.

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
For the 4th recommendation in 4 posts, try Menzerna polishes and finish with a final coat of Pinnacle Sovreign.

2005FordGT

Ford GT. It's The One.
Aug 8, 2005
New York
Meguiars products are great, but you should know that NXT isn't very durable. If you like to wax get NXT:wink I would say go for the Zaino:cheers

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
I've been using Zaino on my SPF Very dark blue cobra for over 4 years now. It is the deepest shine you will ever see. That is all I use on my cars that I trully love and want to keep.
100 % pure cotton (including ALL sewing threads). Also in accordance with Zaino instructions.

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
I'm a car show guy and I use Meguiars cleaner wax, polish, wax, quick detailer and quick wax on my show cars as well as my GT and new Shelby - over 200 trophies in the past 15 years. Oh and use a microfiber towel as towels, diapers etc will leave a residue some times.

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
I have tried quite a few products, I still like Meguiars for some applications, but I have found Zaino has the best shine and durability balance for me. Zaion is for peope that enjoy rubbing on their baby, very satisfying results.

Other products I like include

PC Fusion - Zaino the best I have found using a Porter Cable orbital. Lightsup old paint and removes lite swirls. This is abrasive but mild. I used it in a couple trouble areas on the GT.
Invisible glass - for windows
Plexus plastic cleaner for lens and some black plastic panels - anti static. On line or mos motorcycle shops.
Wizards spray detail - A natural finish on plastic, diffusers, etc. On line
Leather in a bottle - Zaino

I don't care for some of the Adams stuff but the VRT is excellent for rubber , tires and trim.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Meguiars.... all 3 steps

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
No cotton towels including cotton threaded porducts will ever touch my car.

Microfiber only.

DanQ

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2005
Lake Zurich, IL
I've been a zymol fan for a while, but going to try Zaino system shortly. I like the clay and HD cleanse steps using zymol, gets the paint baby smooth and clean before the wax goes on...

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
waiting to hear from dbk, and gtjoey.would love to know what Mr Pardo recomends ? come on guys throw me a bone!!

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
waiting to hear from dbk, and gtjoey.would love to know what Mr Pardo recomends ? come on guys throw me a bone!!

If DBK wore "tiddy whitey's" for underwear does that mean you would also:rofl

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
no way!!! I figure with his connections ,he"s gotta know!!
Looks like zaino so far?? I think I'll try a bunch of waxes on different gt models I've collected!