Water Wetter for Cooler Temps?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
There are numerous studies demonstrating the safety & lower temps using Redline's Water Wetter. Check out the website I posted yesterday. I could not find any studies on the internet for Nano Cool. I would stick to the proven one & see what happens in the future with the new one.

Ed

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Both are largely snake oils - one is more popular than the other primarily due to great marketing. Even if you go to the Water Wetter website and carefully read each benefit bullet - ALL are nebulous and there is no quantifiable data. That said, I am a fan of Water Wetter and run it in the race cars - simply because of the "claimed" anti-corrosion capabilities. It is a FACT that water is MUCH better than coolant at heat transfer but running 100% pure water mixture probably isn't a good idea. Simply stated, Water Wetter allows you to run nearly a 100% pure (distilled) water mixture and THAT'S where 99% of the benefit is. If Water Wetter can give you another 1% by all of its claims, that's icing on the cake.

Here's one rather objective post - and similar to our own experience using water wetter when we stuffed a Hemi into a Wrangler and wrestled with cooling challenges..... until we installed a mechanical fan. http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2008/01/redline-waterwetter%C2%AE-review/

Last edited:

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Would like to hear more about the Nano when first hand use can be shared.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Water is weird stuff. Getting heat to transfer to water is not as straight forward as it may seem, and is not totally understood. Of course it won't reduce the temp below the thermostat setting, which seems to be the conclusion of that article.

Surface tension, heat xfer coefficient, biocide... I dunno what wetter does but it helped lower my temps when I lived in the hottest place on earth (Bama).