Water injection

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Just curious if there's any feed back yet on water-injection on GT's.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Just wondering (also) why anyone would consider doing this.....?

UB2SLOW

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2009
Suwanee, GA
Maybe touch base with these guys...

http://www.snowperformance.net/index.php

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Just wondering (also) why anyone would consider doing this.....?

To help reduce detonation as boosts increase. The issue I am most concerned about is injecting into the supercharger directly. This is what I would actually like to hear feedback on. I have used it for years on my Viper, but that system injects post supercharger.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Usually the only time this comes in handy is when your dealing with a non inter cooled system. For the GT I can't come up with any true coherent benefits by going this route.

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Usually the only time this comes in handy is when your dealing with a non inter cooled system. For the GT I can't come up with any true coherent benefits by going this route.

Is there anyone thinking about doing it anyway?

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
Is there anyone thinking about doing it anyway?

Yes, I am planning on installing methanol injection on my GT. I am reviewing a Snow Performance system and will be posting comments on my build thread here http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14398 Refer to some of my most recent posts on my thread.

Water/Methanol is an power enabler. Injecting water/methanol allows you to increase boost, crank up the timing, raises octane level (up to 116), will protect the engine from detenation and will reduce the effects of heat soak (ie. keeps the intake charger cooler).

I should mention that Snow Performance doesn't have a lot of experience with injecting water/methanol into a twin-screw supercharger. Most of their experience is with centrifugal superchargers. Therefore Snow Perf. recommends injecting the water/meth pre-blower. This works on centrifugal systems because it is an air mover and not a compressor. Our superchargers are air movers and compressors.

I have spent a significant amount of time on the Modular Fords forums asking where is the best place to inject water/meth on a twin-screw system. The members have advised me to inject after the intercooler. So that is my plan at this stage. Exactly where on the intake manifold will I inject is to be determined.

I am going into my water/methnol install with an open mind. I can't say for sure wether or not I will make tons of more power but I will be happy with protection from detonation and the increase in octane.

I'll put it to you this way, I'm learning as I go and I am by no means and expert on water/meth injection. I am just letting you know what I have learnt.

Cheers
Jason

Last edited: