Watch Question

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Funny story

I got an email from a Danish watch buyer in 2001; he was tenacious and loved Navtimers.

I told him to focus on AOPA Navitimer, a special aviation assoc

He bought/sold hundreds; and it's his full time job 10 yrs later

He cornered the market in 2002-2004, and bought many and sells each for $5k today

His names is Kurt, he is known on all Breitling forums & the Breitling museum asked him to write a history and offered to buy his collection in 6 figures

Last edited:

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Neil,

:lol :lol :lol :lol Your post started my day off right. I'm still chuckling. I often look at what whatever watch I'm wearing and ask myself why I bought this overblown outdated contraption! What the hell was I thinking! Perhaps I'll continue on in this same vein by purchasing a cherry, numbers matching YUGO for my daily driver. Fine mechanical watches are like old Aston Martins, pretty to look at, but a disaster to maintain and keep running properly. :ack

Chip

Fine mechanical watches are a bit of a pain in the rear! It amuses me too - but it does kind of pee me off that I'm without one particular watch for nearly 3 months every 18 months or so to have it serviced. I'm told it's the smallest automatic movement of this particular caliber (caliber being movement type) and I always say to the jeweller that they don't exactly advertise the fact that it has to go on holiday to Switzerland for a long break when you buy one!

That aside, my Breguet is a work of art and it amazes me that it's accurate almost to the second for months on end, incredible engineering.

Don't even get me started on Astons, I've done getting on for $1m on Astons over the years. I do genuinely wish that I'd started with a Ford GT - I wouldn't have looked any further for my automotive drug!