Watch Extreme Makeover Home Edition Sunday watch us build a home in 106 hours

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Tune into ABC this Sunday night at 8pm pacific time to watch us build a home in 106 hours for Extreme Makeover Home Edition.

WWW.extremedeyoung.com

If you receive ABC channel 30 in the Fresno, California area, watch the preshow at 7pm on ABC 30.

Thanks to all of you that supported us during the planning and the build. We all had a great time and built a home for a wonderful deserving family in our community. We raised over $125,000 from our very giving community in very poor market conditions and also bought a wheelchair accessible van for Mary Ann. :thumbsup

Jerry De Young

Last edited:

getbit

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 15, 2006
Austin, Texas
Awesome, Jerry.
We will be watching!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
We are all proud of the EXTREME DeYOUNG TEAM :)

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
Cant wait to see it, Jerry. I am curious as to how building a house in this time frame effects the production costs. I would imagine that it has to be considerably more costly?

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Congrats on a fantastic accomplishment. :thumbsup:thumbsup

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Jason, he did it while Bony was on vacation. He hasn't noticed his back yard yet. Not quite boxcar pricing, but pretty cheap.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Great Job Jerry we all will be watching with you and your company in our Hearts and minds. What a beautiful undertaking. Tomy Hamon

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Cant wait to see it, Jerry. I am curious as to how building a house in this time frame effects the production costs. I would imagine that it has to be considerably more costly?

Yes, it does cost more but you complete things in a lot less time. Keep in mind though the whold home and everything inside and out is 100% donated. We had over 200 people working inside and out throught out the 4 1/2 days we built the home. The framing crew alone was over 70 men. This 4 1/2 days is from the time we begin tearing the original home down to begin construction on the new home. The home is also completely furnished and cubbords filled including the pantry and refer. This also includes clothing for all of them. This was also a brand new plan we designed in 3 days.

Forgot to mention this home was built green, had a donated $40,000 solar unit on the roof and built to ADA standards. We also bought them a new wheelchair accessible van.

Last edited:

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Tune into ABC this Sunday night at 8pm pacific time to watch us build a home in 106 hours for Extreme Makeover Home Edition.

WWW.extremedeyoung.com

If you receive ABC channel 30 in the Fresno, California area, watch the preshow at 7pm on ABC 30.

Thanks to all of you that supported us during the planning and the build. We all had a great time and built a home for a wonderful deserving family in our community. We raised over $125,000 from our very giving community in very poor market conditions and also bought a wheelchair accessible van for Mary Ann. :thumbsup

Jerry De Young

Today is the day can't wait.:banana:banana:banana

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Can't wait... hours away!

Aug 25, 2006
Truly a wonderful thing "Awsum GT"

Takes care

Shadowman

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Watching now!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
So am I, East Coast feed...
Going to Jerry's party in a couple of minutes...
bas-turd brought tears to my eyes...
should be good for a 3 minute ban :)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The DeYoung's are true TV stars! That was quite a feature. Congratulations Jerry and Paula for a tremendous accomplishment!

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
WOW! Great job Jerry:thumbsup

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Jerry, terrific job. What a great and deserving family. Well done.

Stu

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Fantastic Jerry!
Your team did a great job and made us all proud.
(I liked the flames on your hard hat!)

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jerry and Paula, What a great caring show. You and your community should feel very proud. You make this Forum Group very blessed in knowing of your great achievements. Bless you and your employees. Tomy

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Awsum and Extreme Job Jerry! Keeping it local is heartfelt! BTW - Extreme makeover just showed up again in NC. Keep the series going and to you Jerry for doing it! :cheers

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Just watched the whole episode....a very generous act Awsum