Warranty...Help!

wanaplay

GT Owner
Oct 16, 2006
Ford (the regional rep. out of Denver)is giving me preliminary denial of the Warranty on the clutch and slave cylinder on my new 2005 GT with only 170 miles on it, claiming that the transport driver "slipped" the clutch when loading it. I am presently working with the 866# trying to get some help. Has any one had any experience that will help? Do you have any suggestions?

PS: Thanks to Neilda and GT Tech for their replies last week

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
I know it's been the subject of much dialogue, but it still amazes me that the GT clutch can burn out so easily. Just one accel from a dead stop in 3rd gear and the clutch is toast ..... or so it's said. Color me a skeptic.

As far as your warranty claim is concerned, it's incredible that with 170 miles on the car you could be denied repairs under (almost) any circumstances. Did the rep physically inspect the clutch? Was it from that inspection that misuse was determined? IMO, you can win this one.

Last edited:

wanaplay

GT Owner
Oct 16, 2006
The dealer says the clutch cylinder is gone...(It was leaking and the pedal would stay on the floor). Through the "peek" hole the clutch is gone. I don't know if the regional rep has actually made an inspection. I just talked to the dealer, and the "field service rep" is supposed to be there today, and will let me know.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I'm a bit gob-smacked by this. You've got a Ford GT (The Pace Car for the Entire Company), it's essentially brand spanking new, a part has failed.... and Ford won't replace it under warranty?!

Clutch plates would be, perhaps, a different matter as they are in the 'perishable items' catagory (not the correct expression, but you know what I mean) - in other words you can wear them out through misuse. However a slave cylinder is a different part.

If it were me, I'd have the work done - whatever happens, you're going to need it done in any event. But as you book it in you should write to someone senior at Ford with a well-crafted letter expressing your dissatisfaction at how this matter has been handled.

I'm trying very hard not to knock Ford, they're a great company who brought us an amazing car - but this seems unacceptable.

AJK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I can understand how a malfunctioning slave cylinder can do damage to a clutch but I've never heard of the misuse of a clutch causing a leaking slave cylinder. I would really stand my ground on this one if I were you.

wanaplay

GT Owner
Oct 16, 2006
I won

Here's the latest. Ford has agreed to replace the clutch and cylinder under warranty. The service manager at Western Slope Ford in Grand Junction Colorado, Kevin Wade, was the key. He conviced the regional service rep to Ok the Warranty. The referrence to this issue being posted in the GT forum was influential.