Warranty Extension?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Any further word on this?

Speaking of warranties, I had my FGT in for service yesterday at a local Ford dealer and the OASIS report shows that I have a 2 year extention added to my original warranty. My original warranty is due to end in November 2009 but now has a 2011 date. Pennies from heaven or has anyone else noticed this? Ed

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
:dead::dead:

Black 907

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 9, 2006
I thought I had found a great company for an aftermarket warranty called the profunda group.after reviewing thier contract I signed up with them immediately for 395 down then 200 per month for one year. Coverage was for five years totoally 2800 . Their claims are based on payment made per claim not to exceed the cash value of the car...so I said to myself this can't be true..anyway spoke with their head writer who told me that my car was a Ford GT based on my vin...so they knew the car I thought I was having a dream..well apparently I was..one week later I get a call to say that my plan was not accepted by underwriting and I then got a full refund..so I guess it was a dream..no aftermarket warranty is available from my investigations..make good friends with your dealer as I have. It may help..

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Anyone that believes a bonafide extended warranty exist, also believes in Santa and the tooth fairy.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Once again, "If it sounds too good to be true........................." :wink:cheers

Aug 25, 2006
I believe in Santa and the Tooth Fairy however the NON OEM any IMO extended warranty is directly out of PT Barnum's bag

Shadowman

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I believe in Santa and the Tooth Fairy however the NON OEM any IMO extended warranty is directly out of PT Barnum's bag

Shadowman

I think you only believe when you a talking with your young kids.
:biggrin

Aug 25, 2006
I think you only believe when you a talking with your young kids.
:biggrin

LOL yes I should have said; through the eyes of my kids I believe as they do not visit me but rather send me the bill with the itemized cost associated with their services.

Shadowman

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Hey Guys -

I wasn't referring to "Extended Warranties" - which I agree has been

:dead::dead:​

Rather, I was asking if anyone else know anything about Ford Motor Company changing the Ford GT warranty from 3 to 5 years as appears to have been done to one of our brethren - specifically KMCBOSS

Speaking of warranties, I had my FGT in for service yesterday at a local Ford dealer and the OASIS report shows that I have a 2 year extention added to my original warranty. My original warranty is due to end in November 2009 but now has a 2011 date. Pennies from heaven or has anyone else noticed this? Ed

Aug 25, 2006
Hey Guys -

I wasn't referring to "Extended Warranties" - which I agree has been

:dead::dead:​

Rather, I was asking if anyone else know anything about Ford Motor Company changing the Ford GT warranty from 3 to 5 years as appears to have been done to one of our brethren - specifically KMCBOSS

When Ford changed/offered the program as a marketing tool there were a few Ford GT's that were included prior to the Ford GT's being excluded; my only suggestion would be to have a formal document of this in hand as the day may come when it is needed.

As far as I know there was never an open/sanctioned OEM warranty that extended beyond the 3/36

Takes care

Shadowman

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Gee - I didn't think anyone paid attention to anything I posted!!! I was told yesterday by the Ford dealer that it is a GO. The extended warranty as listed on my OASIS report, was available as a complimentary option......meaning if the dealer liked you he could extend the drive train (not bumper to bumper) warranty to 5 years or 100,000 miles. Therefore, I still have about 2 years or 92,000 miles to go! Coax your dealer!!!!!!!

Last edited:

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
When I bought my FGT the dealer GAVE me an extended warranty of 60 mos, 60K miles, and yes I have the paper work. It's $100 deductible after the 3/36 standard warranty is out. So I am good until Sept 2011.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Gee - I didn't think anyone paid attention to anything I posted!!! I was told yesterday by the Ford dealer that it is a GO. The extended warranty as listed on my OASIS report, was available as a complimentary option......meaning if the dealer liked you he could extend the drive train (not bumper to bumper) warranty to 5 years or 100,000 miles. Therefore, I still have about 2 years or 92,000 miles to go! Coax your dealer!!!!!!!

Bossman- the folks on this Forum always pay close attention, and a funny/serious comment or two. Especially from the Lone Whatcom County Bard/Naysayer/Non-driver fella with the too steep driveway and avoids rains drops as a way of life.

The drive train 5/100k was added sometime around April/May,2006 to all Ford Cars, including the GT, sold after a "certain" date, which I don't remember as mine was purchased prior to that magic day.

There may be a post about this somewhere in the forum archives.

Have fun this weekend at the RTC C&C.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Bossman- the folks on this Forum always pay close attention, and a funny/serious comment or two. Especially from the Lone Whatcom County Bard/Naysayer/Non-driver fella with the too steep driveway and avoids rains drops as a way of life.

:tap: Ya know what I like about yew, Jeffy?

Absatootly NOTHIN', that's whut...:slap

(We need a, "kick-him-in-the-seat-of-the-pants", icon.)

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
By the way, the warranty is transferable also.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
..........The drive train 5/100k was added sometime around April/May,2006 to all Ford Cars, including the GT, sold after a "certain" date, which I don't remember as mine was purchased prior to that magic day.

There may be a post about this somewhere in the forum archives.......QUOTE]

Couldn't find a post that references the 5/100K add-on. Does anybody have 'paperwork' with something to reference when chatting with my friendly Ford dealer???

Aug 25, 2006
..........The drive train 5/100k was added sometime around April/May,2006 to all Ford Cars, including the GT, sold after a "certain" date, which I don't remember as mine was purchased prior to that magic day.

There may be a post about this somewhere in the forum archives.......QUOTE]

Couldn't find a post that references the 5/100K add-on. Does anybody have 'paperwork' with something to reference when chatting with my friendly Ford dealer???

As I shared earlier; I am aware that at least one Ford GT is in the system with the extended power train warranty however I was told and have confirmed that this was not offered for the Ford GT even though (as mentioned) at least one is in the system with such an implied warranty.

Here is the response that I just received confirming to me that which I shared remains correct.

“Bill, The Ford GT was not included in the powertrain extension. Is it possible that some slipped through; yes. How did that happen and will Ford honor I don't have the answers”

The solicited warranty from Ford for the Ford GT is 3 year 36000 miles and those with something more are encouraged to have all documents in order.

Takes care

Shadowman

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Thanks for going the 'Shadowman Extra Mile' and getting the details bud.

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
As I shared earlier; I am aware that at least one Ford GT is in the system with the extended power train warranty however I was told and have confirmed that this was not offered for the Ford GT even though (as mentioned) at least one is in the system with such an implied warranty.

Here is the response that I just received confirming to me that which I shared remains correct.

“Bill, The Ford GT was not included in the powertrain extension. Is it possible that some slipped through; yes. How did that happen and will Ford honor I don't have the answers”

The solicited warranty from Ford for the Ford GT is 3 year 36000 miles and those with something more are encouraged to have all documents in order.

Takes care

Shadowman

Bill, you may be right - the warranty info is listed on my OASIS report - guess I'll find out in a few months if something breaks. Ed