WANTED - Ford Racing headers 9430-GTX

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I haven´t been able to locate a new set anywhere for immediate delivery but maybe one of you guys have a set laying around you want to part with.

New or used (excellent condition).

Ford Racing Performance Parts (FRPP) "Rear Exit Headers," Part Number M-9430-GTX

Thank you:cheers
Anders

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Check with Leo Calpaldi Racing -

www.capaldiracing.com

Aug 25, 2006
I haven´t been able to locate a new set anywhere for immediate delivery but maybe one of you guys have a set laying around you want to part with.

New or used (excellent condition).

Ford Racing Performance Parts (FRPP) "Rear Exit Headers," Part Number M-9430-GTX

Thank you:cheers
Anders

Hi Anders

Unless something has changed these were discontinued.

All the best with your quest

Shadowman

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Bill -

They are listed in the new 2009 FRPP Catelog....

Anders -

I talked with Chris Kaufmann from Borla at the SEMA show. Borla makes these systems for Ford Racing, and are currently moving all their production facilities from Oxnard, California and elsewhere to Kentucky. You might want to e-mail Chris, and find out if they are still making the units for Ford. His e-mail is chrisk@borla.com

Last edited:

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC

Aug 25, 2006
Bill -

They are listed in the new 2009 FRPP Catelog....

Anders -

I talked with Chris Kaufmann from Borla at the SEMA show. Borla makes these systems for Ford Racing, and are currently moving all their production facilities from Oxnard, California and elsewhere to Kentucky. You might want to e-mail Chris, and find out if they are still making the units for Ford. His e-mail is chrisk@borla.com

Yes I too saw them in the newest catalog however it remains my understanding that headers are still available and yet the back half as desired is no longer in production with Borla for Ford Racing; FYI I have been in contact with Borla regarding these since last June.

It is not uncommon for print to preceed production changes.

Now having said this could they be brought back into production; absolutely and yet I too am aware of the move and also aware that they got very behind in their typical production as the result of this.

Takes care

Shadowman

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Anyone know if these headers have all the sensor hookups? Any tinkering with the engine management program to shut down alarms needed/ Is a different tune required? In other words can someone install these in their backyard without any special tools or tuning equipment required? Thanks

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
If I remember correctly, they do not work well with the sensors usually in place with the catalytic converters.

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
New exhaust is now on its way for my FGT:biggrin
Still undecided if I´m going to modify the exhaust tips to fit my CDC bumper delete kit or just leave them sticking out.

:cheers
Anders

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Anyone know if these headers have all the sensor hookups? Yes Any tinkering with the engine management program to shut down alarms needed. Yes Is a different tune required? Yes In other words can someone install these in their backyard without any special tools or tuning equipment required? I installed mine on my back in fairly crampted quarters ..... and yes you will need a tune to a least shut off the rear O2 sensors. Thanks

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
New exhaust is now on its way for my FGT:biggrin ...
Anders -

I'm glad you were able to find a set. I remember the smile on your face at Rally III when we rode to the Valley of Fire.

:cheers Ralphie

fecarman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 18, 2007
Ford Racing GT Exhaust

The Ford headers are prone to weld cracks if the car is run hard. I have them on my street driven 05 and have not had a problem. This may be the reason that they are not available.