Want to buy - Squarebird (Thunderbird) convertible

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Looking for a really nice rustfree and unmolested Squarebird convertible. If you happen to come across one from "a good home" I would be very interested in hearing about it.

Looking for a car that is already complete and driveable. Not interested in black cars or cars with white interiors but apart fra that I´m open to suggestions. Also cars that have been slightly "modernized"

(I already follow sites like Cars on line, Old car trader, Ebay etc. so more looking for leads to cars from local area that are not advertised)

Any good lead will be rewarded with Makers Marks at the next Rally :lol

:cheers
Anders

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Anders -- What model year(s) are you looking for ? We own a 2005 Thunderbird (Triple Black).. but it is Margaret's baby so not for sale.... ( I would REALLY be in trouble if I tried to sell it) but I do come across nice ones on occasion.
let me know.
andy (AJB)

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
hi Andy

I am looking for a 1960 convertible, or as second choice a 1959 convertible.

Thanks
Anders

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Anders --OK . I will be on the look-out.
andy

DanielJ

GT Owner
Dec 21, 2010
Washington State
Go to the following forums:

http://www.tbirdforum.com/

http://www.vintagethunderbirdclub.org/phpBB2/index.php

If you change your mind and want to go with a 55-57, let me know and I can help you out.

DJ

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
You want a CONVERTIBLE...in DENMARK...???!!!

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
You want a CONVERTIBLE...in DENMARK...???!!!

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Yes, the heater must work :biggrin

Anders

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Yes, the heater must work :biggrin

Anders

...and that heater had better be equipped with an extremely high output 'turbo-entabulator' as well...:willy:willy:willy

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
No such thing as bad weather .... just wrong clothing .... picture from yesterday - first sun of the year but still freezin cold - but we still had to go for a cruize :biggrin

64199_TBird02.jpg

Modified 390 through a Flowmaster exhaust and it sounds like a monster going by :rofl

Anders

Now go find me that perfect 60´vert :biggrin

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Anders,

The bullet 'Birds are my favorite. I would love to get an M code.

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Got lucky - a car that got away came back, so now i'm the owner of a white with red/white interior 1960 squarebird in very nice condition :)

64244_ann01.jpg

64245_ann02.jpg

Last edited:

DanielJ

GT Owner
Dec 21, 2010
Washington State
Happy to see that you were able to get the car you wanted. It looks like it's nicely turned out too. Are there many of the Baby-Birds in your area? Hope you have fun in your Square-Bird. DJ

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
DJ

I would be surprised if there were more than 10 Squarebirds in Denmark. I only know of 3 convertibles, but there could be some hidden i garages. The Squarebird has never been as popular as the Bullitbird and the later models. Of course the first models are a collectors item here as well, but in general Thunderbirds are rare here compared to Mustangs, Camaros, Chevelles etc.

This one if from mid USA and will be shipped home to me asap so I can enjoy summer in it :) Will probably sell my Bullitbird when this one is ready for daily summer cruizin ....

Do you have a Bird as well?

Anders

DanielJ

GT Owner
Dec 21, 2010
Washington State
DJ

I would be surprised if there were more than 10 Squarebirds in Denmark. I only know of 3 convertibles, but there could be some hidden i garages. The Squarebird has never been as popular as the Bullitbird and the later models. Of course the first models are a collectors item here as well, but in general Thunderbirds are rare here compared to Mustangs, Camaros, Chevelles etc.

This one if from mid USA and will be shipped home to me asap so I can enjoy summer in it :) Will probably sell my Bullitbird when this one is ready for daily summer cruizin ....

Do you have a Bird as well?

Anders

Anders,

Sounds like you have a great collection of cars. Yes, I have a 57 T-Bird. Actually, just purchased this car last June. Previous owner kept the car for the past 40+ years. I am the 7th owner now and the car has never been owned outside of Washington State. This is an E Code car (dual quads) with the 3 speed manual/overdrive transmission. Painted gun-metal gray, pearl white hard top, black soft top, red interior. Attached photo is of my wife at the first show we took the car to. Received a couple of awards that day for the T-Bird.
rst14y.jpg
[/IMG]

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Congratulations, Anders - glad you were able to find what you wanted! :thumbsup

H

HHGT

Congrats Anders. She looks awesome.