Waiting for the spring sunshine

BELIZE91

GT Owner
Sep 7, 2006
Hartland MI
I have been tempted to take it out for a ride in the snow just to see how it drives. I am sure you could do awesome donuts in a big parking lot!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Guess Who?

Well I guess not many interested in Springtime fun? Spirit you win. Driver with all four wheels off the ground. Bob Bondorant when driving for Carroll Shelby Racing during the 60's. (Forum members must be all young) Bob Bondorant lives in Phoenix and operates his driving school at Phoenix Int. Park. Picture was taken in April 1963 driving 289 Cobra at Green Valley Raceway in Dallas, Texas checking out suspension for Gene Hamon Ford's Cobra, as per Carroll Shelbys direction. For those from Texas who remember Green Valley Raceway in Dallas which had a long straight then around a GIANT Oak Tree in the middle of a hairpin curve then over the hump at between 90-100 mph with all four wheels off the ground. What a track (torn down) now a residential area. Hopefully Spring Time is near for all Forum members. Drive safe even with all wheels off the ground.:banana :banana :banana :thumbsup TGH

FordGT75

GT Owner
Sep 2, 2006
Great Falls, VA
I can't wait for the weather to get better so I can stretch my GT's legs:biggrin

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Well the Forum is still a happy place to be - but I sense a very slight air of boredom, a restlessness amongst the troups.

Not with each other of course, but for many (me included) the GT lies in wait in the garage and there's little to say when it's just sitting there.

I've got no great drives to report, no leaks, rattles, squeaks, thumps, bumps or snake noises.

I've got no new pics.

The beast awaits, Ford Racing coil covers on, valve dust covers on, stone chips repaired, oil filler cover on, Ed's sticker on, transaxle cooler filled (thanks guys for all those bits).

What's happened to Gierkinky? Haven't heard from him for a while.

Ho-hum.

Come on Spring - I'm ready.

:biggrin

Neil, I feel your pain, only here in Ohio, we are at that point before the Spring Solstice that taunts and teases us on a daily basis. I was able to take an hour ride on my BMW GS1200 on Friday, drove my new Lotus Exige on Saturday, and shoveled over a foot of snow today! When hope rises, we are only beaten back down by Old Man Winter!

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
it was 75 and sunny here today

sorry to rub it in to you guys up north

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
it was 75 and sunny here today

sorry to rub it in to you guys up north

NO YUR NOT!!!!!! OR YUH WOULDN'T A-DUNNIT!:rofl

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Today in Atlanta was another of those Spring teaser days in the low 70's and another drive in the 427 Cobra while waiting on the GTX1.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Well it's very nearly spring now.... I leave my house at 5.30am every morning to drive to the office - and it is, at last, just starting to get light.

It'll soon be time to dust off those Steely Dan CD's and reverse the beast out of the garage.

Drive West on Sunset to the Sea.........

Turn that Jungle music down.... doo, bee, do be dooo..... :biggrin

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
.... doo, bee, do be dooo..... :biggrin

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah! An "Old Blue Eyes" fan, eh?:biggrin

flyingsniffer

GT Owner
Mar 20, 2006
Hertfordshire, Essex
Well it's very nearly spring now.... I leave my house at 5.30am every morning to drive to the office - and it is, at last, just starting to get light.

It'll soon be time to dust off those Steely Dan CD's and reverse the beast out of the garage.

Drive West on Sunset to the Sea.........

Turn that Jungle music down.... doo, bee, do be dooo..... :biggrin

C'mon Neil,get with it! Luvly day for the GT on UK roads today - dry, crisp and clear. Mine is in the office car park as we speak.

I've just got to kill that hamster that's in the dash...........

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I took the Bentley into London today. Unfortunately the GT is just too wide to go through the ancient arch that is the gateway to my office courtyard. Also I don't have the balls to bring my GT into the centre of London - white van man scares the stuff out of me!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
white van man scares the stuff out of me!

Translation? Is that a radar trap-mobile, or what? (for the benefit of us "colonials")

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Night Ride

I got home at 9:00 last night and the temp was about 70 degrees and humidity down so I got the GT out for a little cruise. Putted down the Gulf Beach road 35 MPH in 4th and just listened to the exhaust rumble along for about 10 miles. Twisted a few heads off the outside bar people and brought back memories of cruising in my 55 Sunliner with the top down at night listening to the glass packs. Ain't it great to own a land cruiser?:banana
Hope the snow melts for you guys UP NORTH soon.:biggrin

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Translation? Is that a radar trap-mobile, or what? (for the benefit of us "colonials")

Sorry, 'White Van Man' is a euphemism for a delivery driver, it's a well used expression here. In the UK most delivery drivers seem to have white vans (Ford Transit) which belong to their employers and they consequently drive with impunity.

White Van Man is a sub-species of 'Post Office Van Man' and 'London Bus Driver'. It is not clear if POVM and LBD ever mated to produce WVM - there is considerable evidence to suggest they did.

Because London was primarily designed for horse and cart, it would take a brave man to commute in a GT - WVM is always eager to prove his overtaking manouvres!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Sorry, 'White Van Man' is a euphemism for a delivery driver, it's a well used expression here. In the UK most delivery drivers seem to have white vans (Ford Transit) which belong to their employers and they consequently drive with impunity.

White Van Man is a sub-species of 'Post Office Van Man' and 'London Bus Driver'. It is not clear if POVM and LBD ever mated to produce WVM - there is considerable evidence to suggest they did.

Because London was primarily designed for horse and cart, it would take a brave man to commute in a GT - WVM is always eager to prove his overtaking manouvres!

Aaaaaaaaaaah! Well, isn't THAT odd. WE have the same kind of bozos over here!!!!!
There's evidently no international boundary where they're concerned, or so it would appear.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Hope the snow melts for you guys UP NORTH soon.:biggrin

At least we don't hafta duck hurricanes 'n' such.:mad :mad :mad

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
At least we don't hafta duck hurricanes 'n' such.:mad :mad :mad

Good thing too, cause I am way to busy duck'n bullets. You guys better be quick on your toes out hear in Aug.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Good thing too, cause I am way to busy duck'n bullets. You guys better be quick on your toes out hear in Aug.

Hmmmmmmmmm ...'good point. Do you know if Mexifornia has a reciprocal "concealed weapons permit" agreement with Washingtax State?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Hmmmmmmmmm ...'good point. Do you know if Mexifornia has a reciprocal "concealed weapons permit" agreement with Washingtax State?

In your dreams! Kalifornia hates guns, leave them in WA if you want to obey the laws of man and nature.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id

Nobody but nobody gets a permit to carry down here. And the ACLU makes sure the local racist homophobic right wing PDs don't get away with checking the gang bangers.:bored Just gotta love the God $%#@ ACLU.