The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
VW accuses Lamborghini O.C. of $12 million theft

January 13th, 2009, 6:00 am · 4 Comments · posted by John Gittelsohn

http://ocbiz.freedomblogging.com/files/2009/01/08-murcielago-lp640.jpg

Lamborghini Orange County, formerly the world’s largest dealer of the Italian luxury vehicles that sell from upwards of $200,000 apiece, closed in November without explanation. Now court documents indicate what happened.

The owners of Lamborghini Orange County in Santa Ana committed “outright theft” of approximately $12 million by selling its fleet of exotic sports cars at deep discounts and failing to pay their creditor, according to a lawsuit filed by Volkswagen Credit Inc. in Orange County Superior Court.

The lawsuit says the owners of the Orange County dealership and its affiliate in Calabasas unloaded 54 cars in eight days – accounting for 8 percent of all the Lamborghinis sold in the United States during all of 2008.

The lawsuit says VW Credit, which covered the cost of Lamborghini O.C.’s cars in advance of sale, doesn’t know where the proceeds went. But it didn’t get the money.

The owners of the dealerships named in the suit are Vik Keuylian and his sisters Asdghig, Nora and Sossi Keuylian. Their attorney, Jeffrey Gubernick, declined to comment on the allegations, because the case is still under litigation.

Gubernick has filed a motion to strike VW Credit’s demand for punitive damages, but still not responded to the general allegations in the lawsuit. A hearing is scheduled for Jan. 22.

The Keuylians attracted a celebrity list of customers, including NBA stars Kobe Bryant and Dennis Rodman. They staged fundraisers hosted by Elton John and Sharon Stone to support research to fight AIDS.

VW Credit provided financing for Lamborghini Orange County and its sister dealer in Calabasas to finance the cars. Volkswagen owns Lamborghini.

In a separate suit filed in Orange County Superior Court, East-West Bank is suing the Keuylians and Lamborghini Orange County for defaulting on a $3 million loan, for which they failed make payments in November and December.

Another lawsuit filed in Las Vegas seeks $340,000 from Vik Keuylian for failing to pay him for a 2008 Lamborghini Murcielago formerly owned by Stephen Cloobeck, owner of Diamond Resorts.
“They took the car but never gave me the check,” Cloobeck said.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
btw, what a name. Asdghig Keuylian. :lol

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
come on DBK, it is just a little misunderstanding, no reason to get nasty and file suits.
Can't we just get along?
Please!!
Your Pal In Investing,
Bernard Madoff

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
btw, what a name. Asdghig Keuylian. :lol

I could run with this....
but I won't....:lol

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm just curious what they unloaded the cars for. 54 cars in 8 days is unthinkable. Almost 10% of the total U.S Lambo market in a week. Had to be a total fire sale. Seeing as how you can pick up a brand new 08 Superleggera for $75k off sticker virtually everywhere, they had to be giving the cars away. I feel bad for my buddy that bought an LP640 roadster in the general vicinity of sticker this summer. Ouch.

Especially considering just how good Lambo's are now. The LP560 is an absolutely killer car.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
By the way, again, this may not be for everyone but these matte blue lambo's are HOT.

detroitwallpaper09_01.jpg

detroitwallpaper09_02.jpg

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
love that matt blue....
have to drift over to the Lambo boards and watch the sharks feed...

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Damn

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
"Seeing as how you can pick up a brand new 08 Superleggera for $75k off sticker virtually everywhere, they had to be giving the cars away"

Funny you should mention that, DBK. There are EIGHT '08 Sprlgras on EBAY today alone.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
is this the same place that was on Supercars Exposed when Tanner came by to drive the "Sharpie" Lambo? Seems like it from the pics above. I remember them saying this dealer was the most high tech in the country or something like that. Guess all that high tech did not pan out.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
The dealer in that show was the South Flordia dealer not the dealer in hot water.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
oh and by the way that matte blue looks bad azz

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
The dealer in that show was the South Flordia dealer not the dealer in hot water.

now that you mention it that seems right.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
They must have had a hell of a client list to move 54 cars in 8 days even with the deep discounts.

Also I am trying to figure out who sells their car and lets it leave their house before being paid? I mean I like to be a trusting guy but.......

I agree, the matte blue looks good.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
58 Cars in 8 days! Man I know Ford and Chevrolet Dealers that are having trouble moving those numbers. I guess everything will sell at SOME PRICE especially if you don't have to pay them off at your floorplan lender. Tomy

nthfinity

Apr 18, 2006
South East MI
posted by Jim Glickenhaus on fchat
Glad I didn't avail myself of this: "golden opportunity"...
"It is my pleasure to be able to offer a series of brand new 2008 Lamborghini Gallardos and Murcielagos. All the vehicles are owned by one principle, who has made it possible for me to avail them to you at less-than-wholesale.

These are bona-fide, brand new 2008 USA spec cars with only the standard 70-90 factory test miles. These cars have their original dealer stickers in the window and exist without any stories. They are safely warehoused in Southern California, and are ready for inspection and or purchase immediately.

As you are one of my select clients, I wanted to inform you first. On Wednesday, all others on my private email notification list will be informed of this phenomenal offer, and the cars will then be listed on my website.

10 cars have already been sold. The cars listed below are available as of Saturday afternoon. Prices quoted are rock bottom. If you are interested please contact me on ... (Redacted)

2008 Gallardo Spyder e-gear
$170,000
White with black interior

$170,000
Dark red with cream interior

$170,000
Purple blue with tan interior

$170,000
Orange with black interior