volt meter and boost gauge

planmgb

GT Owner
Jun 21, 2011
Dallas, TX
Does anyone know where you can get these gauges repaired or replaced without paying full price from Ford? They seem to go out in many cars.

Thanks

Markus markusbyrd1@gmail.com

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Torrie has great service and pricing on Ford part. Still not cheap but better than your local dealer and you don't have to explain that your car isn't a Mustang at the parts counter.

http://www.fastpartsnetwork.com/

canadiancobra

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2011
Edmonton,Alberta
My understanding is Autometer won't repair due to contract with Ford. You would think someone else could repair them??? I have a speedo with the same problem! NFG!!!

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Well this issue has apparently slipped off the radar screen. As articulated by several members previously (including myself), it's too dicey to replace a failed gauge sans a root cause analysis and affirmative corrective action. I replaced the fuel gauge, because at the time I thought it was simply an anomaly. I'm sitting with a failed voltage gauge which I refuse to replace.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm sitting on a failed fuel gauge which I haven't replaced for the same reason as ViperJoe. It's frustrating trying to watch the odometer for when to fill up, but at least the Check Gauge light comes on when the fuel is low. Still, I'd like it to work, so if there's no solution coming soon, I might have to just replace it anyway. OTOH, I'm pretty sure that the Motec dash gauge (like in Ray's mile car) covers ALL the gauge functions............ LOL

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
I'm working with the mfg on the final calibrations for my alternative FGT gauges this morning. The new stuff looks really good
so far and should be an excellent (and much more affordable) option for those of us in need.

Out of respect to the other forum vendors, I'm a bit limited on what I can say here on the forum at this point.

I'll try to get permission to post up a spy shot of the new stuff asap. Sit tight, we're pretty close.

mardyn153@yahoo.com

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
mardyn, sounds really interesting. Since nothing else seems forthcoming any time soon, I'll be really curious as to how it turns out.

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
I'm working with the mfg on the final calibrations for my alternative FGT gauges this morning. The new stuff looks really good
so far and should be an excellent (and much more affordable) option for those of us in need.

Out of respect to the other forum vendors, I'm a bit limited on what I can say here on the forum at this point.

I'll try to get permission to post up a spy shot of the new stuff asap. Sit tight, we're pretty close.

mardyn153@yahoo.com
Thank you!

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta

mardyn153@yahoo.com

Thank you!

+1. Thank you in advance. :thumbsup

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
Bravo!